• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Review

Thanks Mo' I'll do a re-install of the drivers. But other than my software issue. This is one SUPER radio. I can hit repeaters that my other HT's can only want to hit. Now I want to do the audio Mod to it.

Great review! Now all I need to know is the proper pronounciation of Wouxon... would that be something like, WOE-SHOON? or WOO-SHON? The never taught me Pinyin in school....

Great review! Now all I need to know is the proper pronounciation of Wouxon... would that be something like, WOE-SHOON? or WOO-SHON? The never taught me Pinyin in school....
in true chinese, it's pronounced like "O shin". but, the american pronunciation is like "wooo shin". ;)

what is the battery life like? receiving primarily. might be worthwhile to get to carry abound in my back pocket at work

I own one of these Chinese wonders. I only bought it for the price. I just couldn't believe a DUAL band vhf/uhf radio for just over $100. Upon receiving it and searching out the FCC ULS website I found the certification for it. GREAT. I'm even legal!
Upon playing with it and learning the programming software I contacted China directly and now am a Wouxun dealer. Previously, I was (and still am) a dealer for another brand of professional radios. That brand has taken back seat to my Wouxun and business is good. My price is $135 but includes additionally 1700mAh battery and belt clip for it, DC charging cable, SMA-BNC antenna connector adapter, and programming cable and software.
Crest25@verizon.net

what is the battery life like? receiving primarily. might be worthwhile to get to carry abound in my back pocket at work

I tested mine to gauge it for you. It stayed on for almost two whole days monitoring the local police before it died. That was with the stock battery.

YOOHOO !!! :p: I am stoked, you can work the Satellites with this radio very easily !

I just worked the AO-27 on a low pass and I actually made 2 QSO's and told them I was using the Wouxun and they were impressed !

I'll try to get a recording of it on a good pass and post it up !!

YES! I've worked AO27 and AO51 with mine several times... great radios!!

Prob CH Pgm

Using Win XP, 1.15 USB

I cannot figure out how to pgm the chan name. What I am looking for is
CH 001 Conc 095. The alfa is for concord, the number is the last 3 of the reptr. If I have to drop anything I'd drop the 001.

I have filled in the form and loaded it [the radio] sees the chan name [conc]when I scroll through the menu. I would prefer to see the chan name conc, in place of CH-001, or conc 095

Suggestions please.

73 Ken

Using Win XP, 1.15 USB

I cannot figure out how to pgm the chan name. What I am looking for is
CH 001 Conc 095. The alfa is for concord, the number is the last 3 of the reptr. If I have to drop anything I'd drop the 001.

I have filled in the form and loaded it [the radio] sees the chan name [conc]when I scroll through the menu. I would prefer to see the chan name conc, in place of CH-001, or conc 095

Suggestions please.

73 Ken

Go into Menu 21 - CH-MDF and change it to NAME. If I remember correctly, you need to do this on both VFO's to get it to stick..I could be wrong, but I'll test it. That will display the memory name instead of the channel.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?