• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wow. anyone bidding on this?

It is a very nice looking radio but................
$600.00 plus for a 30 year old 4 watt radio?
Do the caps need to be replaced?
If need be, where can I find replacement parts?

I think I'll also pass...............................

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
People will collect anything.

Some paintings I see displayed at galleries look like my pot bellied pig rubbed her fat belly in paint and laid on the canvas. Someone buys them.:whistle:

Reactions: Unit 194 and 2RT307
I can purchase a nice used hf for $600. Probably less, and a choice between Yaesu, Icom or Kenwood. Any hf purchase will out perform that Robyn 10 fold. I think some eBay sellers are either out of their minds or just think they've got something special because it was their grandfather's flagship rig. There are some over priced rigs that will selll above the actual worth but not that much over and not that Robyn. Crazy shit!

Reactions: Unit 194
If someone is bidding on that radio they are surely a collector of them or want one REAL BAD!!! And right now you could most likely get a new HF radio for $600 and the cost of shipping. I know for a fact the yaseu FT450D is much more than $600 new, nor are a few other HF radios!! Bottom line is someone wants that radio bad enough they will pay whatever is needed unless they have set a limit, which in this case may have been a good idea. Perhaps only the winner of the radio can tell us why he paid what he did.(n):confused:.

Anytime I've seen one of these for sale they always went for big money, vintage CB collectors want them. That price really isn't unusual for one of these.

The people who would bid on this really don't care how a modern radios performance compares to it.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I totally understand what you mean StrangeBrew. The people bidding on these items are collecters that don't see it as money per say.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.