• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB Galaxy 95T

Exports really are just hotrodded CB's, but for many a hotrodded CB is the right tool for the job. They just don't usually compare value wise once price is taken into account.

Reactions: 222DBFL
95T into a comp 4 pill Toshiba 2879 high drive box is one sweet combination. You should have held out ;)

The DX 95T is my all time favorite Galaxy mobile rig...

v10tEKe.jpg
So is a cobra 148gtl, galaxy dx959 or my general lee into a 2 pill smacking an 8 pill.. :)

Reactions: BBB
For a 2 pill driving an 8 pill you need not a big powered radio like he 95T. Get a good single final radio and keep it clean and mean. JMHO. Now to run just the 8 pill, yes the 95T I would use. You dang sure don't need 2 2290's driving 2 2290's or even 2879's for that matter. But for straight to the 8 pill, would be a good radio. Good luck with your search. With toshiba trsnsistors not made anymore, you know that means top dollar right there LOL. Anyway. Again, hope you find one. Good day.

For a 2 pill driving an 8 pill you need not a big powered radio like he 95T. Get a good single final radio and keep it clean and mean. JMHO. Now to run just the 8 pill, yes the 95T I would use. You dang sure don't need 2 2290's driving 2 2290's or even 2879's for that matter. But for straight to the 8 pill, would be a good radio. Good luck with your search. With toshiba trsnsistors not made anymore, you know that means top dollar right there LOL. Anyway. Again, hope you find one. Good day.
No he was asking about driving the 2X8 setup with a 148gtl,959 or a general lee.I would start out with a 100 watt deadkey out of the 2 pill and let it swing up from there and I am talking pep and not rms. The 8 pill should easily reach around 1600-1800 watts pep but start out low and see how it does because like 222 said the pills are out of sight these days.

I know I do not need a 95t.. I just want one to add to my collection.. :) I set my cobra 148 gtl dead key 1 1/2 watts and swing to around 18 pep, my galaxy dx959 dead keys 1 watt and swings to 50-60 pep, either of these radios can be used with my fat boy 2 pill.. I had a 95t a long time ago and I should have never sold it..

Yep, that is my main reason for not over driving any of my amps. I have 2 with toshiba 2879's in them, an older TNT 600hd, over 10yrs old, and a magnaforce 350hd as well. They are closer queens now that I have a decent antenna setup. With 100 watts max and my Sirio Vector 4000, I normally have no issues getting back to people. This is on SSB, although I have gotten on AM a few times and made contacts as well. With the conditions the way they are, having a good antenna setup is the key to getting your name called. Keep it clean and mean!! And keep the amps cool and happy!!! Like said, toshiba 2879's are not cheap anymore!!

Reactions: hotrod
Hey guys,

Looking to buy a mint condition galaxy 95t.. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know. Thanks..
0901162226.jpg
Not selling but have 2! They are great radios, I've had both about 5 yrs. Craigslist find. Paid 300$ for each one. 1 of them has an intermittent issue with cold solder joint. Recieve dies out intermittently, bang on radio, then everything is ok. Both radios do 175. Solid on ssb. Currently not running them. I'm running a sweet Galaxy 77hml into a mrf455 4 pill. The 95s are great looking radios.

View attachment 18673
Not selling but have 2! They are great radios, I've had both about 5 yrs. Craigslist find. Paid 300$ for each one. 1 of them has an intermittent issue with cold solder joint. Recieve dies out intermittently, bang on radio, then everything is ok. Both radios do 175. Solid on ssb. Currently not running them. I'm running a sweet Galaxy 77hml into a mrf455 4 pill. The 95s are great looking radios.
I actually just scored one in mint condition, paid $325 for it.. Just what I was looking for... :)

Reactions: chassis221

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated