• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

XForce Got it.

So I initially ordered a Texas Star DX1600. I was informed that it was on back order. After 3 weeks of waiting I cancilled the order. I promptly placed an order with Xforce for one of their TNT1500HD. I had a little wait, which Mr Xforce threw in a free LED lit fan. I have been using The TNT1500 on the Base for a few weeks now. I am very satisfied so far.

Reactions: The War Wagon

They are good amps. The only issue I have seen or had personally is the input tune is off a bit on my 600HD, and just saw another guy with the same issue as well as reading of this. The guy that just had the issue sent his amp off to a really good amp guy and is having it made into a thermally tracked true AB bias amp. It's the 350hd. Other than the input tune issue, that can be bandaged with a different length jumper.

Reactions: Crusher
They are good amps. The only issue I have seen or had personally is the input tune is off a bit on my 600HD, and just saw another guy with the same issue as well as reading of this. The guy that just had the issue sent his amp off to a really good amp guy and is having it made into a thermally tracked true AB bias amp. It's the 350hd. Other than the input tune issue, that can be bandaged with a different length jumper.

That sounds like the work of Peakaboo. He would do some good things to Texas Star amplifiers as well.

Reactions: Crusher
Not Peakaboo, but someone I would say is just as good as him! He knows what he is doing. He is a member here. I will let him decide whether he wants anyone to know who he is but he does great work and at a honest price and doesn't try to feed you BS!! Like I said, my TNT 600HD is headed there one day to have the same thing done. And to clarify, I'm not knocking X-force Amps one bit as I own 2 made by them and they both work well. I've seen posts that they have been working with others to resolve issues as the DEI transistors aren't direct drop in replacements from the Toshiba 2879's. All in all though they do what they are supposed. Don't over drive them and they sound good on SSB even as a bias B amp. JMHO.

All that to be not even 2 S points louder than someone running 100W and if you're using a vertical being almost the same as someone running 100W into a Moxon beam.

Can never understand the point of these big amps. The work required to install and run them and the problems caused far outweigh the benefits.

Reactions: n0zna
All that to be not even 2 S points louder than someone running 100W and if you're using a vertical being almost the same as someone running 100W into a Moxon beam.

Can never understand the point of these big amps. The work required to install and run them and the problems caused far outweigh the benefits.
Bud it's a problem for you.. Not me. why did you even bother replying to the post if it's not your thing is beyond me. You call that a big amp.. That's just a driver for me..Go figure...

I am thinking of getting an Xforce MF400 mosfet base amp. but I saw that its a 25-30 day lead time?

Whats the difference between mosfet amps and regular pill amps?

The mosfet amps by XForce use the 7530 device. They are a decent device for what they are. The "pill amps" use 2290's or 2879's DEI brand. The MOSFET amps are biased. As they have to be to be turned on unlike a regular pill amp that can be run in class C and uses carrier input to turn them on. I'd like to see both side by side on an analyzer and see which is really more linear. The pill amp can be biased of course. If it ain't regulated bias, it ain't biased. Just my opinion.

I am thinking of getting an Xforce MF400 mosfet base amp. but I saw that its a 25-30 day lead time?

Whats the difference between mosfet amps and regular pill amps?

plus that just means they probably build per order, or they
Dont have 6 of em sitting around waiting to be shipped. That said read up man, learn the difference between mosfets and bi-polar push pull finals.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?