• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-891and Ham Radio Deluxe

I'm a HRD user but don't have the 891. I do know that radio is supported by HRD though.

After your radio is hooked to your computer, all it takes is a few configuration settings and you're good to go.

Are you able to select LSB on traditional USB plan via HRD? It won't let me. It will also initiate my autotuner. Only two things I've noticed since trying it on HRD, earlier today.

Anything I need to look out for? Haven't tried any digital stuff yetị

Are you able to select LSB on traditional USB plan via HRD? It won't let me. It will also initiate my autotuner. Only two things I've noticed since trying it on HRD, earlier today.

Anything I need to look out for? Haven't tried any digital stuff yetị

No, HRD will not select it. You have to do it manualy...

I tried installing the Radioface program. It worked fairly well last time I used it, but now, it won't recognize the drivers. I think it's an issue related to HRD.

As long that your radio's baud rate and the HRD settings match, you should have complete rig control over VFO, mode, band, etc.

Digital modes will require some soundcard settings but the rig control portion is already set.

HRD tech support has done me well when I had issues.

Call them up and they'll work with you to resolve them up because that's what your paying for!

The freeware Radioface program was written mainly due to the difficulty of selecting LSB. It is not working for me yet. I think HRD is conflicting with Radioface. I'm going to email the dev to see if he can help.

In the mode menu there is not an LSB or USB. You have to go in a different menu. The setting is in the "F" key. Then menu 11-07. It is called "SSB BFO"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated