1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Yaesu FT-891and Ham Radio Deluxe

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by Mudfoot, May 24, 2018.

1. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Anyone using this rig with HRD?

2. dragracer

dragracer W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Hey, I am using the 891 with HRD. Also I use HRD to control the radio for FT8.

3. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

I'm a HRD user but don't have the 891. I do know that radio is supported by HRD though.

After your radio is hooked to your computer, all it takes is a few configuration settings and you're good to go.

4. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Are you able to select LSB on traditional USB plan via HRD? It won't let me. It will also initiate my autotuner. Only two things I've noticed since trying it on HRD, earlier today.

Anything I need to look out for? Haven't tried any digital stuff yetị

5. dragracer

No, HRD will not select it. You have to do it manualy...

6. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

I tried installing the Radioface program. It worked fairly well last time I used it, but now, it won't recognize the drivers. I think it's an issue related to HRD.

7. fourstringburn

As long that your radio's baud rate and the HRD settings match, you should have complete rig control over VFO, mode, band, etc.

Digital modes will require some soundcard settings but the rig control portion is already set.

8. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

That just plain sucks. Lol, that's the reason I bought a copy of HRD. I had a coupon for $25 off, so I bit. Guess I should've researched the issue. HRD WORKS GREAT WIRH MY I-7200.

9. fourstringburn

HRD tech support has done me well when I had issues.

Call them up and they'll work with you to resolve them up because that's what your paying for!

10. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

I imagine they are aware, just unlikely to prioritize this issue, since 95% want to select LSB on 11 meters.

11. fourstringburn

Shouldn't matter, the software and radio should follow each other regardless of band.

12. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

The freeware Radioface program was written mainly due to the difficulty of selecting LSB. It is not working for me yet. I think HRD is conflicting with Radioface. I'm going to email the dev to see if he can help.

13. dragracer

In the mode menu there is not an LSB or USB. You have to go in a different menu. The setting is in the "F" key. Then menu 11-07. It is called "SSB BFO"

14. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

I'm familiar with all that. Was just hoping that HRD had menu press for LSB.

15. camaro1

camaro1 Well-Known Member

i just use the memory channels to store some of the (am and lsb) frequencies then you can just vfo from there