• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT1000D 11m Mod

Dont expect the 1000 to sound good on AM. It will swing in reverse and that rf amp is good for around 25w on AM. It's a sideband rig and that's where it performs very well. Loud CB stations on 11m will sound a bit crappy as well from it's narrow band rcvr & filters primarily designed again, for sideband.

Reactions: Wire Weasel
My Ft1000d is my go to ssb rig for 11 meters. I get great audio reports on it. The FT1000MP MK5 is a rig that a lot of operators I work are running. I really like my FT1000D for ssb. Like a very smart gut once told me if you want to sound hood on AM 11 meter get a CB radio lol.

sound hood on AM 11 meter get a CB radio

Ham radios use the sideband modulator for AM. A compromise. It works, but won't get loud, just flat.

A radio with a separate high-level AM modulator circuit will tolerate a high audio level a lot better.

And if you turn them both down to about 90 percent modulation on AM they won't sound so different from each other.

My Ft1000d is my go to ssb rig for 11 meters. I get great audio reports on it. The FT1000MP MK5 is a rig that a lot of operators I work are running. I really like my FT1000D for ssb. Like a very smart gut once told me if you want to sound hood on AM 11 meter get a CB radio lol.
I’m trying to find where the general coverage mod is for the FT-1000MP. Can find nothing online!

But not ALL ham radios. The Icom 7300 and many of the Right-Now better rigs with all the various onboard adjustments it comes with sound great on AM. There are others too. If you have the big bucks, the Apache Labs ANON Series SDR radios produce Broadcast Quality AM and kick everything out there's ass.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.