• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-6 and Midland XT70

deanforrester

Sep 11, 2021
Hello, novice question here.
I'm trying to make my Yaesu VX6 talk to my Midland XT70 set.
I have the VX6 at 446.000 and the Midlands to Ch1.
Midland TX is received clearly on the VX6.
VX6 transmission is not received clearly on the Midland.
In the following video, two first attempts is the successful reception of the Midland TX on the VX6, third and last is the unsuccessful reception of the VX6 TX on the Midlands:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbow4mdiyp5ne89/vx6_xt70.mp4?dl=0
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Dean

Mike, many thanks.
How can I set 446,00625, only 3 decimal places available on the VX6.
Also, there's no 6.25 kHz frequency step, only 5.0 kHz.
The closest I can get is 446.005, still won't do.
Any advise much appreciated.
Dean

Last edited:
I believe it must be 446.625 for ch1. I use my Baeofeng UV5R radios with my Midland handhelds. Just dial in the frequency and start taking. The Midlands are narrow FM but will still receive a signal that is wide. Make sure there is no offset selected in your VX6 and it should work.

The Midland XT70 is a PMR446 European band walkie, the EU band for license free low power two way radio use. As stated, 446,00625 is CH1. I don't think the software programing for the VX 7 is capable of reaching a usable compromise. Even the Baofeng radios need to be manually programed on the keypad to go that many digits. There's a few Youtube videos out there explaining the process on those.

My previous PMR446 walkie, Cobra Mt-Pro 925, communicated fine with VX6 on Ch1. Thought it would be something trivial. Anyway, thanks for your comments. If some one has a viable solution, i'd be grateful to hear it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated