• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yeticom Optima3

longhaireddwb

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm thinking of ordering one of these radios direct from NZ. Emailed Mike and he gave me the low down on what/how to go about it. Total shipped to me is $338.00 USD.

He mentioned Customs Fees. Anyone who has ordered one of these had to pay extra fees to Customs?

Any comments on why I should not buy this rig? I see it now is coming with a new microphone. Hope it helps with the audio. Looks like its bigger if nothing else.

I've read a lot of posts on this radio but most of it was old posts. Give me some current pros and cons (in Short) now that it has been out for a while.

Thanks, Jerry...

Think this is the next radio I will purchase as well. It's the best one for the money IMO, and haven't heard much if anything bad about them!!! Thanks for the link duster!!

I've been using the optima MKIII for 3 or 4 months now and it keeps impressing me. I think I have a couple in stock. MSG me.

I did get my Pres Lincoln 2 last week and I've been putting that to the test side by side (kinda).

Audio reports have been very good on ssb. They've been good on AM in terms of clarity. AM audio is not as strong as the optima.

Anyway, it's premature but I seem to like the optima a little better, mainly in terms of power and AM audio. It does have better swing whether it is set at 1 watt carrier or 10 watt carrier. Love the fact that it has a fan in the final heat sink and a heat sink on the regulator (what a brilliant idea).

CbRadiosPRONTO

I read a post that sais something about the warranty stickers missing on the ebay ones and needing to open it up to mod it so the warranty would be void right away. Any comments on this? Is the guy on ebay cool or a scammer. I hate buying on ebay. The place is full of crooks.

Longhair I totally agree!! That's why I was asking as well. Too many lets get rich sellers these days, seems gone are the days of buying with confidence!!! Thanks CBRadiosPRONTO. Will do.

It's almost impossible to get scammed on eBay. There is paypal protection as well as CC protection. If someone is pulling a fast one, they'd have bad feedback. Maybe somebody the big companies that have 100,000 feedback a can afford a bad feedback every day but not a company that only sells 10-100 items per month or so.

CbRadiosPRONTO

Reactions: 2 people
Yes. Might have to look into this radio also are the specs on for the radio 50 watts ssb and FM..... 15 dk watts to 50 watts swing on am are they close out of the box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.