• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter club call frequency

Boy, I dunno... The band's only opened up a couple of times for me since his post went up. When 10's been open, 28.350 has been the Alabama ragchew frequency as far as i could tell. Made a number of contacts there when I could get a word in, none of them Club related.

I spent seven hours on the road yesterday in the Mojave Desert and 10 was wide open. There were people bumping their gums on .350 most of that time. When it finally quieted down late in the afternoon, i called QC "looking for worldwideDX Club members" three times after listening to the quite for a few minutes. After my 3rd call, someone came back at an S6 saying "the frequency is in use", meaning someone that I couldn't even hear had been on the key for 3-4 minutes.

Anyone else finding this to be true on .350?
Yup.

been calling for wwdx club members on 28350 for the past couple of days and it has been pretty quiet,on occasion I do hear someone way out there,cant make out a call of any kind though

been calling for wwdx club members on 28350 for the past couple of days and it has been pretty quiet,on occasion I do hear someone way out there,cant make out a call of any kind though

That would probably be ROBB working QRP off the back of his Yagi**Jump_im**

Reactions: 1 person
Seems like from CA we got a straight beeline into the Alabama guys that hang out on 28.350 all day long.

how does 28.322 sound? That's similar to the 14.322 suggestion in the 20 meter thread?

Seems like from CA we got a straight beeline into the Alabama guys that hang out on 28.350 all day long.

how does 28.322 sound? That's similar to the 14.322 suggestion in the 20 meter thread?

Going mobile in a few and will try 28.322.

Maybe we should make a point of trying it this weekend when people are around.

Reactions: 1 person
No good.... Got a Carolina gum bump session on 28.324 I'm assuming it's the Carolinas from their voices. Can't tell for sure because there hasn't been an ID in the last 20 minutes! Sounds like these guys are all local to each other. CBish...

28.455 has been clean lately. I'll dial in there for the next couple of hours and see what shakes.

3-4 hours monitoring 28.455, AND WE HAVE CONTACT! Spoke briefly to "Mike", a club member from the Chicago area, then pretty much lost the band.

10 minuted later I started calling again. No club contact that time, however I did get a call from "Kevin" in Missouri and had a nice QSO about the club. He'll probably be checking out the site soon.

28.455 was really good today, other than two guys on 28.456 for a few minutes. Not a regular thing I guess, as they were working on an antenna and moving through the band.

I'll keep a listen on .455 over the weekend to see if it stays clean.

been mobile since 1200z today, listening/trying 28.322 & 28.455, stateside is almost non-existant, all contest stations. am now base til 1900-1930z, maybe a bit longer. listening to both ends of k1whs & g3dgw on 28.455 right now. if anybody is out there.....post it, or cq wwrf/wwdx

trying .455 from base right now (16:00GMT). Will be mobile in an hour or so. Not hearing anything on the band yet...

California... Still not hearing anything yet. usually doesn't open up until about 10:00 local time (8:00 now)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.