• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter club call frequency

Tech is good for phone from 28.300 to 28.500 so as long as we are in that part of ten meters we will be fine.
28.000 - 28.300 MHz: CW, RTTY/Data--
Maximum power 200 watts PEP

28.300 - 28.500 MHz: CW, Phone--
28.400mhz voice band center and used as the "calling" frequency.
Maximum power 200 watts PEP

Jeff

I'll be hanging around all day tomorrow 1-20-2012 anyone want to try a QSO on 10m ? Just need a freq and I'll listen most of the day ..

Craig

I get off at 3pm cst tomorrow. I will listen from 28.300 to 28.350 to see if I hear anything. I will listen from 28.400 to 28.300 this weekend to see what I hear here. See yall there.

kj4unx

I'll be listening tomorrow and Saturday. BTW there was a CME today directed at Earth, scheduled to hit sometime Saturday. The SUF is currently 148 and it will go higher by Saturday. Propagation should be good then. I'll be listening 28.300 to 28.500 for any activity.

Mike, KC9Q
Near Chicago

I'll be listening tomorrow and Saturday. BTW there was a CME today directed at Earth, scheduled to hit sometime Saturday. The SUF is currently 148 and it will go higher by Saturday. Propagation should be good then. I'll be listening 28.300 to 28.500 for any activity.

Mike, KC9Q
Near Chicago

I thought CMEs ,if strong enough, could shut down propagation on HF???

Reactions: 1 person
If we are all listening we wont hear a damn thing :eek:

28.350, I'll try to call CQ on the hour after about 10am EST

I will listen for your CQ around 1500EST/1200PST if your still around. I am just not sure if I can do a cross country QSO with my antenna setup I have. I will give it a try though.(y)

Here is a good primer for 10M:
10 Meter Ham Band Introduction for New Ham Radio Operators

There is no real magic to it, sadly most of the time when the band is open, people will spin the dial, not hear anything, and move on.
Key up your radio, call CQ for a few minutes and you'll surprised who might come back to you.

Also don't forget about the AM and FM freqs, I have worked the west coast and Hawaii within the past few months from Ohio. Most notable was working Hawaii on FM with 50W to a 3el Mosley tri-bander.

The band is opening up. Just Q'd with N6JW in Riverside, CA: signal started at S5 and went up to +10 to +20 over 9. Time is 19:45 UTC.

Mike

I can barely hear someone on 28.350 talking about wishing they could run more power but I can't make out any call signs :-(

@3:19 PM EST/8:19 PM UTC

Steve,
KJ4FEL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.