• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I'm in New York and right now Florida is making the trip all the way up here.
2:30 this afternoon there was a bunch of people on stepping all over each other. Some from the east but mostly south.
Yesterday was even busier. People were using lsb 28 all the way to lsb 38

Still open here but dropping very quickly.

I stayed home and honored the “lockdown” (being facetious again @Redbeard U812).

Anyway, the propagation was good enough to work a few in South America off my attic antenna.

I was hoping to hear a few of the Caribbean islands that I hadn’t yet worked, but no such luck today.

Last edited:
Traffic jam earlier. Couple contacts, but no 556. Calling CQ, had some joker out of Phoenix jamming lsb 38.....snarky repetitious CQ then playing music. Think it was the fella Mike mentioned before. Had that woman with the sexy voice on, she was obviously making contacts left and right. Had Arizona, but then music man started jamming. So I went outside and played with the dogs.

The LSB 38 pile ups along with the bad apples who whistle, key up, play music, etc. bring me back to thinking that we need to move in this upcoming skip cycle to bring LSB 16 back to life. Also, some of you will remember when the 40 channel units first came out, and there was an understanding of sorts that 35-40 would be reserved for SSB traffic. If the skip cycle is going to be coming back to life, now would be a good time to plan to designate and start to support the use of alternatives to LSB 38 for hailing purposes. If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure the World Radio group uses 39LSB for just such a purpose. I think the Copper Electronics forum members used to use LSB 36 for their once a week call in. Maybe the WDX crowd here should designate 37 or 35 as a home frequency?

Just my .02.

Stopping grown babys from using other channels is about as easy as taming the locke ness monster or finding bigfoot

Some towns I honestly wish I could broadcast the full legal name and address of the -wipes.

Never relenting. Repeating it over and over.

“Hey, there’s Cleotus Muleman of 361 Dirtbag Street”

Here, lemme repeat that “

That don’t do it, put on air the names of his male relatives and where they work.

Y’all drop in and say hi to Bubs and Tiny at Edson Tire Shop.
Plenty of big truck parking and FREE BBQ sandwiches courtesy of Skeets Edson!! Tell’em Cleotus sent ya!!

Last edited:
It was wide open last night but I had other things going on so I couldn't stay on the air for long. Did make a quick contact with 709 Reno Nevada, 107 So Cal, and 505 Kentucky so not bad for about 5 minutes air time. I don't have much for this evening so sure hoping it comes alive again today.
And it's either the peckerwoods with the music, the booming echo or the Mr X noise pollution toys....
To make it worse they do it on SSB!!

Last night between 9:30 and 11:15 esr made several contacts on 38 lsb in Austrailia and moved to other channels to qso. Also on 555 usb got several stations in the south Pacific in Bora Bora Tahiti and New Caledonia. Best i have had in quite a while.

You aren't 2KY100, by chance?

Either way, congrats on 172 div. That's a stretch for me from the east coast.

I've been able to work a couple in the pacific recently, but it's a long quiet wait for a narrow opening late in the evening.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.