• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

It’s Sunday, August 2nd and on channel 20 it’s nothing but....

47....47.....47......47 TANGO CHARLIE BREAK BREAK BREAK

Dear Lord, we pray our Heavenly Father that the storm that is coming does us no harm. Lord, we pray that you take away all of 47 Tango Charlie’s antennas and his massively over modulated radios. Lord we trust in you that you’ll find the will in your heart to spare our ears from his static, buzzy, over modulated, devil audio. Also sweet baby Jesus I pray you send me those lucky lotto digits, 3 days off work this week, a coupon for 25% off my next 5th of Fireball and the power to rip off a panty shedding riff based off the pentatonic scale. But mostly just take out 47, please...

Storm started booming here. Unplugged and shut everything down. No skip anyway, but my background noise has gone from s3 to about s1 for the passed 3 nights around 6:00. Maybe someone decided to shut off the power hungry noise maker when the close for the evening? There are a bunch of small businesses around me as I am one block off the local highway.... The first time I heard the noise drop, I had to check and see if my antenna fell off the pole or something, it was that sudden. Its great to hear some locals that have a weak signal so I will take what I can get.

It’s Sunday, August 2nd and on channel 20 it’s nothing but....

47....47.....47......47 TANGO CHARLIE BREAK BREAK BREAK

Dear Lord, we pray our Heavenly Father that the storm that is coming does us no harm. Lord, we pray that you take away all of 47 Tango Charlie’s antennas and his massively over modulated radios. Lord we trust in you that you’ll find the will in your heart to spare our ears from his static, buzzy, over modulated, devil audio. Also sweet baby Jesus I pray you send me those lucky lotto digits, 3 days off work this week, a coupon for 25% off my next 5th of Fireball and the power to rip off a panty shedding riff based off the pentatonic scale. But mostly just take out 47, please...
time to call in spock n cptn kirk
Storm started booming here. Unplugged and shut everything down. No skip anyway, but my background noise has gone from s3 to about s1 for the passed 3 nights around 6:00. Maybe someone decided to shut off the power hungry noise maker when the close for the evening? There are a bunch of small businesses around me as I am one block off the local highway.... The first time I heard the noise drop, I had to check and see if my antenna fell off the pole or something, it was that sudden. Its great to hear some locals that have a weak signal so I will take what I can get.
over mile to my nearest neighbor,noise comes up at times drops at other times

Turned radio at about 9:30 tonight East Coast Time. No DX. Talked on channel 12 to local guy. Just cut it off.

I’ve been unplugging and disconnecting off and on for days. More thunderstorms for tomorrow and all week plus rain from storm in the Atlantic.
about allyou can do unless you want bbq radios

I thought the lmr 400 was rated for 3500w or something like that?

They lied. I was talking to California on Friday,last and heard a poof. Smoked my 8 pill. When I checked my swr with my analyzer it read infinity. I undid my coax and that bakelite on the PL-259 connector was black and melted. Toasted the whole length of coax as well. My eight pill would do about 1500 watts....so like I said ...they lied. Most expensive coax per foot I ever purchased and the worst quality for the price. Again, I will never buy Times microwave LMR-400 EVER again!!!!
By the way, my swr was 1.03:1 before the "poof" so it wasn't due to a high match.

They lied. I was talking to California on Friday,last and heard a poof. Smoked my 8 pill. When I checked my swr with my analyzer it read infinity. I undid my coax and that bakelite on the PL-259 connector was black and melted. Toasted the whole length of coax as well. My eight pill would do about 1500 watts....so like I said ...they lied. Most expensive coax per foot I ever purchased and the worst quality for the price. Again, I will never buy Times microwave LMR-400 EVER again!!!!
By the way, my swr was 1.03:1 before the "poof" so it wasn't due to a high match.
Where did you buy your LMR 400? Cheep chineese knockoff line?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated