• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Your welcome,thinkin time to hook up radios n see if any activity lies ahead

Reactions: Tokin
Your welcome,thinkin time to hook up radios n see if any activity lies ahead
Pretty damn quiet this am in the pile. No skip and just a few locals. Finally got my station back online. Still need to raise the mast and do a final vswr check.
Had storms around till 2 am so i had everything unplugged.
Storms are expected early today too :(

20200808_202829_HDR.jpg

might get some great dx'ing in
Or it could shut everything down and create some very rare short skip conditions. I remember back around 2015-ish there were some similar conditions while living in remote ne Washingtin state 80 miles north of Spokane. During that episode i was talking to Mt Vernon Washington well west of the cascades near the coast. There was a funky noise level, a very out of the ordinary hum/buzz.
Lasted for an entire day then faded out. I was talking to Vancouver BC and Helena Mt and my contact in Mt vernon was also. Very very odd condiions id like to experience again now that i have a little more station though in a different location.

Looks like your connector was the culpritt, and gave up it's usefull life, getting a very bad swr on the coax hence the coax melted even within specs.
Specs are good but always in a working system with a good swr, if your connector failed and caused a short all bets about the coax specs are off.
The connectorr blackened points to a creeping carbonising of the bakelite due to high voltage over the break down voltage the connector was designed for a carbonised trace will conduct RF.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
Small bit of activity from the sandpile on 27.385 lsb.
But over on 10 meters lots of dx on 28.400 to 28.450 usb

Just for giggles i went to 27.555 last night to see what was up in the Netherlands.
Lots of EU traffic to be heard, Ireland, Italy Spain etc, so there was deffo some DX to be had.
I like 555 and check it on a regular basis. Haven't heard much lately, but I have talked to Martinique a few times. I heard Brazil one time but I couldn't get back to him. I am hoping to hit Europe when the cycle improves.

I like 555 and check it on a regular basis. Haven't heard much lately, but I have talked to Martinique a few times. I heard Brazil one time but I couldn't get back to him. I am hoping to hit Europe when the cycle improves.

“Buh-buh-but that’s a CB Radio!
You can’t do that with a CB.
It’s local only!”

“You’re right. Not a CB.
An Eleven Meter Radio.
Feel better, now?”

Bear with me the point, not the exact frequency.
CB is more than it appears or is regarded.
How to make it attractive.

Needs more users. Eyes & Ears.
The friendly familiar voice
Especially in my neighborhood
Or yours.

Might then share wonders
with neighborhoods far, far away.

Last edited:
“Buh-buh-but that’s a CB Radio!
You can’t do that with a CB!”

“You’re right. Not a CB.
An Eleven Meter Radio.
Feel better, now?”

(Bear with me the point, not the frequency).

its an electronic device designed to recieve signals from other electronic devices and transmit signals to other electronic devices
Now think this over,who created earth,radio waves and howcome they are there free but some jumped in n laid ownership to them n we buy into their plan?

its an electronic device designed to recieve signals from other electronic devices and transmit signals to other electronic devices
Now think this over,who created earth,radio waves and howcome they are there free but some jumped in n laid ownership to them n we buy into their plan?
We don't need no stinking band plan........

https://www.dxing.com/pirate.htm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.