• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

11 meter is very quiet?

Unit 75

"TRAINMAN"
Jul 29, 2014
Central Alabama
Got my 45 foot long 6 element up at the 10 foot (half way point). I had a 1.03 to 1 at knee high height but as soon as I checked it at 4 foot it shot up to 1.53 to 1. At 10 feet it has dropped down some to 1.46 to 1. I think Im just gonna re match it at the 10 foot height while I can reach stuff then put it on top so its 20 feet up. I did get a decent check against my 5 element (26ft boom) Radioman 101 is north of me, I swung the 5 element at him and he recorded my signal. The 5 is 25 foot up on a tower. Radio said I went up 1 S unit on him using the 6 element compared to my 5. He also said I went up 4 S units compared to my scatter stick at 30 feet. I guess its working good. I had no skip from up north coming in. At least I can talk north on this thing for now. Im calling the antenna Locomotive Breath. Yes, JT fans lol
Trainman steppin'IMG_6833.JPG

Slowmover

BANNED
Feb 17, 2015
Where the West Begins.
Nothing but noise and tons of it! Not a voice one, randomly on AM 19 a local or passing trucks but aside from that just lots of noise on both AM & SSBView attachment 40753 ..... Pretty wild how high the noise levels are[/QUO

I’m not showing above 3-S on IH95 and IH81 over on East Coast from Norfolk, VA to Albany, NY until right into metro areas on AM-19.

Sideband quieter, but dead.

5-10/miles easily (to 24-miles a few nights ago) on AM. No lack of yackety-yakkers out here.

I do have a boxful of filters & ferrites installed, maybe that’s part of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ f4joc:
    is this amp still available and where is it shipping from??
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    " f4joc: is this amp still available and where is it shipping from??" Antecedent, please...
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Meaning: There's a whole lot of "this amp"
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Morning!
  • dxBot:
    TelSat has left the room.