1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

11 meter is very quiet?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Tweetybird, Sep 8, 2019.

1. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Eldo ... What ... Wait ... There is NO Bad Fishing trip ! IMO :whistle::LOL:

Eldorado828 likes this.

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Had a great time talking to you and the other guys, I wish my phone didn't ring right then. It was my wife calling to say that supper was ready. She takes care of her mother who lives down the street. My wife fixes all the meals at her mother's house because it's just easier that way. With the DX improving, I hope to talk to you again soon.

Eldorado828 likes this.
  3. YardDog

YardDog Active Member

Great idea, and we sure could use it tonight for sure. I understand that everyone is pumped up with the bands opening up lately, but seems radio etiquette is a thing of the past. Tonight I was talking with Wyoming, that's extremely rare skip for Arkansas. People that heard me knew I was in the middle of a conversation, even if they couldn't hear Wyoming. But I was hammered by a ton of folks trying to make a dx anyway. Be nice if folks would wait for an appropriate time to call out instead of keying up knowing they are busting in. Again, I understand the enthusiasm to talk skip after years of static, but a little manners made the difference between me replying and ignoring.
    128 N/W Arkansas on the side.

4. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

I get the excitement of skip coming in but if stations want to have a lengthy QSO they should go to a less popular place once contact has been made. Just my newb $.02

5. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

I agree, especially crowded evenings as it is here this evening. It's booming tonight though

6. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

It is when all you caught was a buzz and and huge headache hahaa

357magnum and Slowmover like this.
  7. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Lead the way, buddy. Let ‘em hear ya make it a point!!

Eldorado828 and ForestRunner98 like this.
  8. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

channel 7 was kicking ass today so much people i heard

9. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

Sporadic E skip has been cooking most days for the past 3 weeks or so on 11 m SSB in my neck of the woods.................
    I check DXMaps.com to see if 10m is propagating across the Big Pond. If it is then things usually fire up on 11m also. Seems to peak around Grayline time.

#4119 Crawdad, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  10. Shadetree Mechanic

Channel 38 was busy here yesterday evening, as were most channels. Talked some great DX on 37 and 39, as 38 had a train wreck rolling in and out. Talked to many operators in the northern heart land of this great nation, including two female operators in different states. Maybe I should get my wife a CB? :whistle:

357magnum, S&W357 and Crawdad like this.
  11. 455monte

455monte Member

Can u explain to a newby what this grayline time reference means?
    Ive seen that mentioned in a few other posts before. Just curious what it means

Crawdad likes this.
  12. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

455monte,
    yourdictionary.com/greyline says it better than I can. Check out DXMaps.com for maps showing the grayline location for any time of day.

#4122 Crawdad, Jun 12, 2021
  13. Shadetree Mechanic

Just heard 101 Los Angeles calling CQ on 38. He didn't hear me, but someone in Kansas City got back to him. Now we got some rag chewers from New Jersey......

Crawdad, S&W357, L2 and 1 other person like this.
  14. S&W357

S&W357 $upporting Member N.C. WDX-556

Hard to work much DX from NC today. Signals fade in and out quickly. All contacts I’ve made have been short lived and from varied directions.

Did manage one each to Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Texas.

Three to California. One to San Francisco. One to San Diego. One to just CA…don’t know QTH.

Heard one guy from Washington state…didn’t hear me.

15. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

Skip kind of in and out here as well (San Antonio). Out for the most part right now.
    I did make contacts toArizona,Colorado,Kansas,Ohio and Tennessee mostly on sideband.

Did make it to Indiana on 28 AM.

Edit. Also talked to Trapper in Utah!

#4125 codeman, Jun 12, 2021