• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

35-40 USB & LSB has some ungodly interference going on around here right now. About 8 dB and it almost sounds like a "tone" for a lack of better words. Really strange, AM is clear as a bell throughout the band with about 1-1.5 dB noise floor.

Reactions: S&W357
Was out in the mobile for about 10 minutes just now, lots of Sacramento stations making contact on am17 with Mr Sherman in southern NM. 163 was hitting me in Lodi like he was across the street.

Reactions: freecell and S&W357
Stuck at a hotel in downtown Little Rock tonight. Good food and good times. But no radio, no locals, no skip.

I like to use Petro Stopping Centers (truckstop chain), but — take it from me — be very glad you aren’t stuck at the Petro in Little Rock.

It’s a busy intersection of IH40 a short ways from town. Nothing but aggravation on AM-19 from that corner and it’s three truck stops.

Just “why” that Petro is bad I’ll leave to imagination. The stretch of 40 to West Memphis has the heaviest truck traffic in the nation to get across the river, and it’s stressful on a good day. The idea of truckstop as oasis doesn’t exist at Little Rock.

The stretch of 40 to West Memphis has the heaviest truck traffic in the nation to get across the river, and it’s stressful on a good day. The idea of truckstop as oasis doesn’t exist at Little Rock.

Eastbound big rig traffic starts piling up from Russellville all the way to Memphis now. The bridge should be completely open in another week so that will help. But like you said, I40 has some of the heaviest traffic in the nation on a good day.

Listening right now to 38 LSB and I gotta chuckle at the music selection that I'm hearing at the moment over the radio,coming in really strong up here in Central Pennsylvania,Skip conditions seem to be picking up this evening....I'm here standing by if anyone wants to make contact..........

AE# 575

I hear some Jimmy Hendrix being blasted right now on 38lsb here in Ontario Canada.

Listening right now to 38 LSB and I gotta chuckle at the music selection that I'm hearing at the moment over the radio,coming in really strong up here in Central Pennsylvania,Skip conditions seem to be picking up this evening....I'm here standing by if anyone wants to make contact..........

AE# 575
Never fails I'm stuck at work and conditions are picking up. Here lately every off day I've had conditions have been horrible

I like to use Petro Stopping Centers (truckstop chain), but — take it from me — be very glad you aren’t stuck at the Petro in Little Rock.

It’s a busy intersection of IH40 a short ways from town. Nothing but aggravation on AM-19 from that corner and it’s three truck stops.

Just “why” that Petro is bad I’ll leave to imagination. The stretch of 40 to West Memphis has the heaviest truck traffic in the nation to get across the river, and it’s stressful on a good day. The idea of truckstop as oasis doesn’t exist at Little Rock.

The Amarillo petro is a pretty decent one (just fueled and got a bite there yesterday) but has a bad rep (along with the ta)due to some of the things that have made the news there. Gotta love the iron skillet!

Newly-installed antenna coax in the t680 KW has made revelatory the possibilities of Eleven Meter Radio versus just having a CB. Radio.

Sideband is almost as clearly heard as what’s on AM. Skip really IS as good as what’s local.

I’ve heard we’ve some solar activity? If so, I have it adding to my impressions. What’s to be heard past 2200 on AM-19 is impressive.

Was this thread almost two years ago made me want to have Sideband performance in mobile, mainly the big truck. Plus Dan 2NC95s words on the President Lincoln II.

Hit the mark early today. Still need more fire in the wire, but graduated from a CB to having an Eleven Meter Radio.

Best to all!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.