• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Went into the pit this morning (Phoenix) to pick up a ham rig (TS-570D). On the way back up the hill had a quick convo with 348 (I think) Mark in Alberta. Then I got next to the mountains and they blocked anything from up north.

Got called in to work for a few hours, back home and the band is still wide open in this part of Texas. Haven't had conditions like this here since early spring so hopefully it keeps on.

Who else is on this evening?
I hope for your sake ! DX has seemed to returned to this area and has been buzzing almost everyday and sometimes all day

Tons of DX down in south Texas. I made contacts up north, out west, out east and places in between. I heard quite a few stations across the pond but had no luck as it seemed the stronger station were getting to them first. I made contacts on SSB, AM and FM. Just running an out of the box Stryker 955 with a 4 ft Firestik. I am really digging this radio.

Tomorrow I will hook up my 2 element beam and see if I can make it to Europe.

Last edited:
Haven't talked much on the radio this week,been a busy week with work, and so forth,decided to turn on the Ranger tonight and the Conditions were hopping,tried to make some contacts,no dice,will try tomorrow on my day off!!
I will keep on ear out for you. I made a few contacts to Pennsylvania today. I get away from 38LSB when it get busy.

I will keep on ear out for you. I made a few contacts to Pennsylvania today. I get away from 38LSB when it get busy.
Sounds good, hopefully the DX conditions will be good on my day off today,gotta go get some more coffee and Start the Day this Morning, just turned on the Ranger............... Good Morning and stay tuned!!

jibber jabber n his cronies just east of me 25 miles are on 31 am n he done got into it with 1 . i just listen cause they are kinda clannish

Reactions: Keto and whiteastro
Lately skip has been hell for me. During the day it's a roar. Late afternoon it's been west coast followed by Hawaii then total silence. Talked to San Diego, the big island, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island though. Then around 8pm every channel was blowing up with Kentucky and West Virginia. Had a blast and lost track of how many of those guys I talked to. Sure was a good time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.