• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Complete shit storm on every channel tonight. Nothing but a roar of noise and nothing intelligible. On top of that the big boys are stroking themselves on the super bowl. A couple of them are splattering every thing from channel 1 to 17.

Reactions: Rwb
West coast booming in here in South Central Missouri this AM.
Made at least 6 good contacts before it started to drizzle on my end. Most on 28 and 2 on 17.
Anyway, my fun ended but, I'll be keeping an eye, (Ear), on it.

Reactions: Rwb and Keto
LOL, who's the guy on 38LSB with the 11111111111111111111111111111's ? I heard him for about 2 hrs. this morning, what a waste of RF !
Yeah I heard the same guy yesterday with the multiple 1 BS. Guess some just never grow up ! That storm in outer space must be over because seems like DX is picking up a again around here at least. Been setting up a self test station to try to listen to the quality of my own radio transmits. Gotta find a extention for my head phones If you can't get help from locals I guess you have to stand on your head get creative. LOL

There are a lot of guys that move over , 27.390 gets a lot of use.
With a decent radio just moving up or down 5 kc can get you out of the bee hive.
On 23 channel radios with SSB old guys would move down below channel 16 on the rc slot to get away from dx.
When the band really gets hot you will find traffic everywhere.

Jeff

Heck yeah a super successful evening for me as well, best in quite a while. From Vancouver Island to Pennsylvania and everything in between. Shoot so many were lined up to answer I stopped logging them.

This 7900v gets a ton of compliments so it is now on my ssb radio throne. Mr Mike Scott did a wonderful job when he set it up. If you ain't got one, you really should.

It's gonna be a great sun cycle it already seems

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.