• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

i got my am fm radio to hear music on .i got my 10,11 meter and 70 cm radios to talk on. i get pissy when i hear a radio rambo plaing music for hours on 11 meters
Trouble is some of these Idiot Rambos don't even play music they just broadcast Noise to jam others from enjoying what the radio was designed for. It's called anti-social behavior and the laws protect them because they had a Bad Childhood !

I'm hearing the band fade in and out 8am Mountain time here on Saturday in the desert southwest. Louisiana, southern Wisconsin, and St. Louis MO peaking at S3, Chicago, Alabama, and Biloxi Mississippi at S5. The barefoot Uniden 980SSB not making it the other direction, though.

We're starting to get snow and so I was on 19 AM most of the week for the mountain pass road conditions and missed the big band opening earlier in the week. Low temp was 9 deg. F this morning at 7,000 ft elevation.

Last edited:
Trouble is some of these Idiot Rambos don't even play music they just broadcast Noise to jam others from enjoying what the radio was designed for. It's called anti-social behavior and the laws protect them because they had a Bad Childhood !
yep,need a good old fashion ass whoopin with a hickory stick every morning as soon as their feet hit the floor till they grow up

Conditions this evening weren't great but I would say decent enough. I made a handful of contacts (LSB) before they faded out around sunset. Then around 7 pm conditions came back fairly well. Had a good 15 minute qso with 802 SE Arkansas. Haven't talked to him in several months. Almost 8 pm now and I'm hearing 79 mobile out of Hawaii and Australia is starting to come in.

Last edited:
Wow!! I could have been! LOL Stations kept covering each other up.

There were quite a few So. Texas stations coming into SoCal. Now I am mad at myself for not logging numbers.

I did make Radioman 260 in Maine live stream on YouTube!!!!
That me on youtube, glad you enjoyed the livestream! Thanks for stopping by.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.