• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

While out checking out some firewood in my Astro van up in a hill top outside New Milford PA I did make a Colorado contact. That was running my Galaxy DX 979-KL 200P-K 40 mag mount. The guy complimented the sound of my radio which was good because it restored my faith in that mobile system. LOL

Over the last half of this past week I have found the freeband area of 11 meter picking up a bit. Made a few contacts, with good reports on 27.425 LSB and 26.805 FM with the 5555NII in the truck! Was starting to wonder if it needed some tweaking on SSB, after watching Scott's Youtube, but all seems pretty good now. I really like this radio!

JD

I'm bound and determined to keep running this McKinley barefoot especially since I'm new to sideband and dx and I also think it helps me as far as experimenting with antennas. Went three days without a contact and boom yesterday Boston came back on 36L like it was a landline connection and I was running my 4ft Larsen lol. A little over a thousand miles. Restored my faith in my install.

It's booming this morning but it's rough and tough out there. Plenty on the log already and will be listening for wwdx members.

Thanks @Shadetree Mechanic for the recommendation of the bc645 mic, it plays really well with the quad 6. I replaced the stiff no stretch cord with a much better one and did the 6 pin plug swap so it'll stay married to the quad 6.

Happy dx everyone

Spent the whole day working on my kitchen ceiling so decided to put my Midland 75-822 in the window with the extra long antenna and listened to AM all day long skip was rolling. Couldn't believe how many stations had the swankiness Jive talk on it. Sure wish I could find a Hand Held with SSB. LOL

Spent the whole day working on my kitchen ceiling so decided to put my Midland 75-822 in the window with the extra long antenna and listened to AM all day long skip was rolling. Couldn't believe how many stations had the swankiness Jive talk on it. Sure wish I could find a Hand Held with SSB. LOL

Radioworld has a used Albrecht AE2990 with world wide shipping.....

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.