• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I have to agree, I just got home and made about a dozen crystals clear qso's right away. Tamitha Skov said propagation was going to be really good up to about the next 2 weeks or more and it has in fact been great.
@Shadetree Mechanic , I talked to a few of your neighbors and thought just maybe you might be on my receive too. And by the way, the bc645 on the quad 6 has gotten a whole lot of flowers so your advice is appreciated.

Happy DX everyone

I have to agree, I just got home and made about a dozen crystals clear qso's right away. Tamitha Skov said propagation was going to be really good up to about the next 2 weeks or more and it has in fact been great.
@Shadetree Mechanic , I talked to a few of your neighbors and thought just maybe you might be on my receive too. And by the way, the bc645 on the quad 6 has gotten a whole lot of flowers so your advice is appreciated.

Happy DX everyone
I was in the driveway at my mother in laws house a little while ago, I might have been in there. Yeah that 645 does great on my 955 with the Tx and Rx set to 4k, and the price is right too. I have a few stashed away, might try one on the Lincoln.

So far so good today!! Contacts in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Arkansas, Missouri and texas.

Thought I heard Australia but they don’t come in until 4-5pm PST…it was England!! Never heard them until today. I tried calling out but no go. Still cool nonetheless!!!
I was on my way home about 4:45 your time and you were all up in my radio banging out contacts lol. I was doing 70 mph west bound so yeah I think the ole Sirio was bent way over and I just couldn't get out QRP. By the time I got to "my sweet spot" the pipeline had moved. One of these days...:)

I was on my way home about 4:45 your time and you were all up in my radio banging out contacts lol. I was doing 70 mph west bound so yeah I think the ole Sirio was bent way over and I just couldn't get out QRP. By the time I got to "my sweet spot" the pipeline had moved. One of these days...:)
At 4:45?? It’s currently 3:53 PST, but if ya heard me cool!!! There were stations coming back 2 at a time..LOL Hey maybe next time we can talk to each other!!

President Lincoln 2+, I can turn the knob and get the free band. Channel up/down on the mic is really handy too.
Let me ask so I don't misunderstand when you do the 11 meter mod to this radio does it give you the 11 meter freeband channels also? I keep thinking about getting this radio. And does it have a external power adjustment like the McKinley so I could run my amp with it?

Let me ask so I don't misunderstand when you do the 11 meter mod to this radio does it give you the 11 meter freeband channels also? I keep thinking about getting this radio. And does it have a external power adjustment like the McKinley so I could run my amp with it?
Yes, you get all the channels and is great for DXing. The uppers and lowers, basically continuous tuning from 12 meter through 11 meter and 10 meter. Has external power knob, great for running an amp.

Reactions: whiteastro
Yes, you get all the channels and is great for DXing. The uppers and lowers, basically continuous tuning from 12 meter through 11 meter and 10 meter. Has external power knob, great for running an amp.
Sounds like that would make a great Base station. And then I could get rid of all my old radios before they break down and need fixing. LOL And that has FM also doesn't it ? does it have a 6 digit freq. counter?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.