• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Red , Think I mentioned it I had the bowl guys on my local channel 21 the other day , hope that don't happen too often , it was fun for a bit but got old after a while trying to get a word in w/ those Big Boy's !:whistle::rolleyes:

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
When you call out for a radio check on CB I often hear a very curt "it's working" and that's the end of it. I got my amateur radio license this last year and if you call out for a check people want to talk about your equipment and get into a fun rag chew about the hobby.

Reactions: WECSOG and Rwb
That's exactly the response here when people ask for a radio check..."It's working"

I try to ask only those folks I normally talk to on the radio. Not always possible when mobile though.
Friend has poor taste, thinks that tiny garbled mic sounds best. I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other, his ears are just broken and can't understand that equipment 20-30 years old has high failure rate. Finally got him to put that stock mic back on that came with the 980 I gave him.

You're a kind and generous man Redbeard. :whistle:

Did you wrap that garbled mic cord around his neck and choke him a little 'til you got his attention? (y)
Nope. Gave him 2 mic cords and couple GX16-6 Aviation Connections. Now he wants to rewire a D104 to use on his 980. He had an old Cobra coffin mic that sat around for quarter of century with rat piss and cockroach poo.

I put a D104M6B on mine and it sounds good. Guess he thinks an old D104 will be better. Anything was better than that Cobra coffin.

I'll be secretly swapping my 980 out for the 2970N2 with RK56 just to see if his broken assed ears can tell the difference. N2 has been sitting new in box for couple months now. Got laid off yesterday, now have time for all those projects.

Nope. Gave him 2 mic cords and couple GX16-6 Aviation Connections. Now he wants to rewire a D104 to use on his 980. He had an old Cobra coffin mic that sat around for quarter of century with rat piss and cockroach poo.

I put a D104M6B on mine and it sounds good. Guess he thinks an old D104 will be better. Anything was better than that Cobra coffin.

I'll be secretly swapping my 980 out for the 2970N2 with RK56 just to see if his broken assed ears can tell the difference. N2 has been sitting new in box for couple months now. Got laid off yesterday, now have time for all those projects.
Man I'm sorry to hear about the lay off... I hope you're able to find something soon.

Concerning the layoff....it was much appreciated, although I had not completed the project. Last week they laid my crew off, replaced them with others from another site with less skills, experience, and motivation. They cut all the high dollar personel with skills, replace with lower rate personnel this time. When I state lower rate I'm not just describing monetary. Skills, motivation, and character.

Recently had been contemplating dragging up for months due to having to babysit grown children, who seem to get their feelings hurt easily. Often wanted to present one of these.
1489631099_Hurt Feelings Report.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.