• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Concerning the layoff....it was much appreciated, although I had not completed the project. Last week they laid my crew off, replaced them with others from another site with less skills, experience, and motivation. They cut all the high dollar personel with skills, replace with lower rate personnel this time. When I state lower rate I'm not just describing monetary. Skills, motivation, and character.

Recently had been contemplating dragging up for months due to having to babysit grown children, who seem to get their feelings hurt easily. Often wanted to present one of these.
View attachment 33573

That form too funny. And true.

Have some fun with radio while off. Different antenna on the RV, or an upgrade to the mobile. Sweat, not $$.

I got suspended from a job I did for 15 yrs. Worked for the company for 30. Me and the superintendent didn't see eye to eye. That was 4 yrs ago. Best thing ever. The wife and Iwere\ are foster parents. Now I get to spend more time with the kids.
There is one draw back tho, don't get to spend as much time with radio.

That form too funny. And true.

Have some fun with radio while off. Different antenna on the RV, or an upgrade to the mobile. Sweat, not $$.

Looks like an L2 cubical quad full loop from Lightning Antennas, have a few more questions before I order. The price is right, $287 plus $58 FedEx ground. Cost vs. build, I'm getting lazy. I can always modify it. (i.e.- build boomless beam (spider))

Will be ordering more BuryFlex (.98/ft.) from Davis RF with Amphenol PL-259's ($4.25/ >10).

Still deciding on brand of coax switch and number of 239 ports.

Lightning states a small TV rotator can manipulate the 5'-0" boom. Turning radius is 7' +.

May run three antenna.
Have StarBuster (omni hombuilt), run the L2 Cubical Quad, and my homebrew dipole. Hoping to make contact with Pluto, and find out if there is life on Mars.

Was hearing faint chattering LSB last night, but no contacts. Some on USB 5. Got a "Radio Check" ...."It's working" and some short conversation on AM 19. That sparked some other drivers interest in my location.
(y)

(Correction.....BuryFlex = .89/ft. And the Amphenol PL-259's are $4.65 for (10) or more.)

Last edited:
Looks like an L2 cubical quad full loop from Lightning Antennas, have a few more questions before I order. The price is right, $287 plus $58 FedEx ground. Cost vs. build, I'm getting lazy. I can always modify it. (i.e.- build boomless beam (spider))

Will be ordering more BuryFlex (.98/ft.) from Davis RF with Amphenol PL-259's ($4.25/ >10).

Still deciding on brand of coax switch and number of 239 ports.

Lightning states a small TV rotator can manipulate the 5'-0" boom. Turning radius is 7' +.

May run three antenna.
Have StarBuster (omni hombuilt), run the L2 Cubical Quad, and my homebrew dipole. Hoping to make contact with Pluto, and find out if there is life on Mars.

Was hearing faint chattering LSB last night, but no contacts. Some on USB 5. Got a "Radio Check" ...."It's working" and some short conversation on AM 19. That sparked some other drivers interest in my location.
(y)

(Correction.....BuryFlex = .89/ft. And the Amphenol PL-259's are $4.65 for (10) or more.)

A thread with some pics, some day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.