• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Red , first on the prize .... NOPE ! :LOL: I have a Brand New Ar-20 rotor I was going to use on my Sirio 27-4 , but was talked out of it by locals , because of wind resistance . They said I might have problems , wait till Ham Fest in NH ( closer to me ) & get one w/ brakes .:)

Reactions: Rwb
Red , first on the prize .... NOPE ! :LOL: I have a Brand New Ar-20 rotor I was going to use on my Sirio 27-4 , but was talked out of it by locals , because of wind resistance . They said I might have problems , wait till Ham Fest in NH ( closer to me ) & get one w/ brakes .:)
I didn't want to splurge on the AR-20, could only afford a RCA VH226....41fgb5C1okL._AC_SY400_.jpg
Just arrived, still in box. Not sure if it will be sturdy enough for the L2. But, if it ain't I'll use it for my external TV antenna. TV here is crap shoot so I got this....41DZyGqKX2L._AC_SY400_.jpg
120 mile amplified recieve. I'm sure I can turn this by hand.

A thread with some pics, some day.
Drawn up some sketches with dims for breakover. Called for quotes on drill pipe today. 3-1/2", 2-7/8", 2-3/8", & 1.900 diameter drill pipe will fit concentricly inside each other. May get one smaller to fit inside 1.900 if available. Sucker rod for misc. Potential of 45-47 foot, but will sleeve at least 5 foot inside each pipe. Resulting in 43' from ground elevation to top of mast where rotator location. Then only couple feet maybe to boom. 4 concentric laterals to first section about 12-13 foot elev., about 6 foot below break. Definitely will require a set of guys. Mobile home anchors for guy ties. Typical boat trl winch, w sheaves to double the capacity of pull.

Could go higher but that would require fabricating a typical tower type section

Drawn up some sketches with dims for breakover. Called for quotes on drill pipe today. 3-1/2", 2-7/8", 2-3/8", & 1.900 diameter drill pipe will fit concentricly inside each other. May get one smaller to fit inside 1.900 if available. Sucker rod for misc. Potential of 45-47 foot, but will sleeve at least 5 foot inside each pipe. Resulting in 43' from ground elevation to top of mast where rotator location. Then only couple feet maybe to boom. 4 concentric laterals to first section about 12-13 foot elev., about 6 foot below break. Definitely will require a set of guys. Mobile home anchors for guy ties. Typical boat trl winch, w sheaves to double the capacity of pull.

Could go higher but that would require fabricating a typical tower type section
Sounds like a decent, inexpensive tower.

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
you sir win the GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER AWARD
Whoohoo! Finally, after only recieving 3 bronze screw drivers and years of diligent effort I get awarded the coveted GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER AWARD by Rwb, the most bestest/ OKest Golden Screwdriver Mechanic of all time and Legend in his own mind. ;)

Thank you, thank you....I shall cherish this award forever. :LOL:

Whoohoo! Finally, after only recieving 3 bronze screw drivers and years of diligent effort I get awarded the coveted GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER AWARD by Rwb, the most bestest/ OKest Golden Screwdriver Mechanic of all time and Legend in his own mind. ;)

dont forget fans friends fiends foe n mo

Can I have one of your bronze screwdrivers?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.