• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Just measured the truck. Its 6.5', putting the top of the antenna at 15' plus a magnetic base.
Not sure where I am going to mount it

I started a thread on my Dodge Cummins. A long ways to go (Roof Mount Puck). Bed rail or bed floor. See Breedlove Machine for various mounts. See threads on those mount locations.

A 5’ Skipshooter on roof mag mount. Wilson 5000. Sirio 4000. But one gives up a fair amount with a mag mount.

As with one ad slogan: Do it Once, and do it right.

Reactions: Rwb and 2NC995
I started a thread on my Dodge Cummins. A long ways to go (Roof Mount Puck). Bed rail or bed floor. See Breedlove Machine for various mounts. See threads on those mount locations.

A 5’ Skipshooter on roof mag mount. Wilson 5000. Sirio 4000. But one gives up a fair amount with a mag mount.

As with one ad slogan: Do it Once, and do it right.

I found your post and I will read it over.
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/roof-puck-mount.250038/
My Ram also has the ctd. I just picked it up in October. The thing is a beast. Still needs work but the thing will poop and get. Bigger turbo and tuner.

I got a heavy built mag mount antenna from foss cb ,he sells on ebay,makes his own mag mounts n damm stout magnets.i attestify a big blood bl9ster.his cb antenna i got let my bare bones uniden 980 talk 45 miles 38 lsb while mobile

Reactions: Slowmover
I got a heavy built mag mount antenna from foss cb ,he sells on ebay,makes his own mag mounts n damm stout magnets.i attestify a big blood bl9ster.his cb antenna i got let my bare bones uniden 980 talk 45 miles 38 lsb while mobile
I think it will be way to tall with a mag mount on the roof.
So the 980 does sideband, What is different on it compared to the 880? The 880 doesn't do side band?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
Here's the awesome setup I have right now in the car. Cheap antenna from Carquest, and an anysecu 10m with the custom seat mount.
Found out tonight that my led lights are noisey , along with the cell phone car charger.
Whoops. Forgot the pictures.
The antennea is laying down so you can see it. Gets lost it the tree background.
0127201628a.jpg 0127201628.jpg

Attachments

• 0127201628a.jpg
    0127201628a.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That 885 is expensive. 980 is a decent radio.i think the build is better when you get an am ssb radio

Reactions: Slowmover
View attachment 33724 The 102" I want to put on my 2001 Ram 3500 dually. It should go on the roof but, 8.5' plus the roof of the truck is at least 6' . thats 14.5' and the bridge I go under is 13'. This might be a problem.
Na. Not a problem. Have Dodge 3500 4x4. I have a headache rack, mounted mine center of rack, plenty of bonding done for good ground. Just get the Hustler HD spring and some chute chord for a tie back to those cleats in the bed.

I've hit low hanging lines, trees, bridges, birds and more. Only takes a hatchet to straighten it out on a flat surface.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.