• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Yeah, one day I suppose I’ll do some studying.

I walked out to the drive way a bit ago and talked to a station in Brazil...I scrolled around a bit and heard a lot of folks in the Caribbean calling for stations in South Africa, so I left them alone.

So...while we’re talking about 11m DX..as far as the station I heard from Uruguay...can anyone educate me on propagation?

I check as a crow flies distance...in the neighborhood of 5000 miles. Is this multiple hop F2 propagation, or could it be TEP?

Most of my other recent contacts have ranged 1500-3000 miles, which I’m assuming is all single hop F2?[/QUOTEhttp://dxinfocentre.com
http://dxinfocentre.com

I chatted w S Africa once a few years back , good contact for me from Ri . Unit75 , you said Trinidad ? Must have been the infamous " Witch Doctor " ?o_O If so , I chatted w/ him a few times but sure has been a while ! :whistle:

Reactions: 2NC995 and S&W357
S, Africa is an awesome trip. You should be proud of that one for sure, 357magnum. Very rare to hear S. Africa in there (for me anyways). Man, it has to be at least 2-2 1/2 years since I even heard them across the Atlantic. Witch Doctor, yes, I know Philip well. The man with "the bone in his nose."..lol We are also friends on FB. He only comes down to 38 LSB a few times now to chat with his US contacts since he got his ham ticket late last year. He spends most of his time talking to new contacts in S. America. Last we spoke was the beginning of October. He's a great guy.
Here is a video gate he made. I wasn't hitting him too loud because I was coming in on the backside of his beam.

75 , Yes Sir , That contact surprised me for sure running My Cobra 2k , SSK, A-99 & about 100-150 watts @ the time . That was before my well needed amp tune up .:LOL: It took me over 50 years but I finally logged all 50 states . Maryland , New Jersey & Hawaii were hard for me . Chatted w/ Big Boy in Hawaii below 1 on Am , I'd have to check my log for the Freq . but that surprised me also .

Well, yesterday's road trip was a bust. 38LSB was dead. I gave a shout out every now and then to see if anyone was lurking on frequency but didn't get a reply. I was on the Grand Parkway and had some really weird interference that sporadically rose to mid-scale on my meter so maybe someone was there, but I just couldn't hear them :unsure:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.