• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Definitely tougher yesterday. Only managed 1 contact, which was in Brazil. It was a good one, however, at a nice 5/7, and he reported the same.

Heard a station calling from Uruguay, but very weak copy and couldn’t make out call. Would have have worked on a quiet freq, but way too much traffic to coordinate a QSY.

So...while we’re talking about 11m DX..as far as the station I heard from Uruguay...can anyone educate me on propagation?

I check as a crow flies distance...in the neighborhood of 5000 miles. Is this multiple hop F2 propagation, or could it be TEP?

Most of my other recent contacts have ranged 1500-3000 miles, which I’m assuming is all single hop F2?

Reactions: xm49north7
So...while we’re talking about 11m DX..as far as the station I heard from Uruguay...can anyone educate me on propagation?

I check as a crow flies distance...in the neighborhood of 5000 miles. Is this multiple hop F2 propagation, or could it be TEP?

Most of my other recent contacts have ranged 1500-3000 miles, which I’m assuming is all single hop F2?
Tropospheric ducting? I don't have much faith in multiple hops. To me, if it comes down it is going to be absorbed and not reflected back up.

Yeah, I don’t know. I will tell you, I carried a shortwave radio in the Middle East and could often hear the Super Bowl...hahah. That’s 6000+ miles and I have a hard time seeing that in a single hop. Wish I had the brains to listen to SSB back then instead, or in at least in addition to, listening for friends.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated