• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Are you broke yet?

Well.....it’s getting there!!

If not it wont be long.
Everyone knows CB stands for Constantly Buying and Constantly Broke.

I am on my 2nd radio, one amp, two meters, multiple coax, various connectors, and going on my 5th antenna. Oh man!!!

Well.....it’s getting there!!

I am on my 2nd radio, one amp, two meters, multiple coax, various connectors, and going on my 5th antenna. Oh man!!!

Hmmm, . . . one a them slow, short-bus kids.

Unless you’re tellin’ us the same malarkey you pass along to the old lady.

Thirty-some years go used to occasionally go flying with a neighbor. He’d perfunctorily remind me each time his wife only knew about one of his airplanes.

His son had 2-3, but there were another half-dozen besides.

Last edited:
I'm on my 3rd radio (counting the over-priced 148 I just bought), 4th amp, 3rd meter (bought an MFJ -880 because the Daiwa 501 never did right and an old RS 2K just because.) and 1 antenna since I've gotten back into the hobby....within the year. I've promised myself I'll stop now....for the 5th time now.

Reactions: Slowmover and Tokin
I'm on my 3rd radio (counting the over-priced 148 I just bought), 4th amp, 3rd meter (bought an MFJ -880 because the Daiwa 501 never did right and an old RS 2K just because.) and 1 antenna since I've gotten back into the hobby....within the year. I've promised myself I'll stop now....for the 5th time now.
Within the last year and a half not including my antenna and thats still not all of it, theres more in the house... 20201006_091429.jpg 20201006_091445.jpg 20201006_091458.jpg 20201006_091604.jpg 20201006_091550.jpg 20201006_091538.jpg

spacer.gif
https://www.spaceweather.com/

AURORA SURPRISE: Auroras were not in the forecast for Oct. 5th. "We headed out with a small tour group with rather low expectations," says Markus Varik of Tromsø Norway. "Little did we know, we were about to get completely blown away." This is what they saw:

"The sky was filled with pinks, ripples, waves, dragons, angels, jellyfish, and more," says Varik. "Amazing evening and it lasted for at least a hour straight."

What happened? The forecast did not anticipate a crack in Earth's magnetic field. In the jargon of forecasters "BsubZ tipped south," opening a fissure through which solar wind flowed. The result was an aurora surprise.

Sideband may not have been much good anywhere — and though I’m no fan of having to drive up here (don’t get paid enough) — but North of DC, East of Harrisburg, PA, West of Springfield, MA, and South of Albany, NY, has the best CB Radio presence in the United States.

Radios of exceptional transmit quality I might run across a few times daily elsewhere. Here, it’s a constant. 24/7.

One can do more in tuning up a mobile (chasing down noise, altering settings for distance, etc) than anywhere else: another reference-quality radio is right around the next curve.

Among them are some of the best I’ve ever heard based on the distances they are TX & DX with others I can’t hear. And I don’t mean for it to sound like bragging that I’ve got great ears (I know I do), it’s that these other guys are hearing as well or better (10-miles plus).

I don’t assume they’re all in Class 8 tractors. There’s a variety of vehicles used for business to & fro from Metro NYC. (I see more scanner and dedicated monoband antennas than anywhere else, also; every vehicle type).

I’ve noted before the regularity of men who speak to one another daily and aren’t of the same firm or doing the same work (of which there are plenty besides).

Had wrecks out behind & ahead of me having turned off the NY Thruway and headed west on IH84 in PA past noon today. Quite a lot of info being passed and time/miles speculation. Relays of info 40-miles back & forth with oversized load operators and 1-2 intermediates.

Mobile CB Radio Nirvana

Open your Atlas and use a compass to draw a circle somewhat larger from the boundaries I’ve described for your next vacation in Happy Motoring.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated