• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

i dont use much but everthing is set right n when conditions hit im ready.sadly most of the time it hits n im in my truck.
A99 tuned right excellent coax to a nice tuned radio not set to splatter 55 watts pep n it works. but i have the advantage of high plains elevation too

Reactions: S&W357 and Crawdad
Today (Friday Morning) 11 meters was pretty good. France was coming in but didn’t hear me. Did connect with Northern Ireland, Washington, California, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada.

This afternoon on 10 meters QSO with Philippines (1). According to QRZ.com login that was 8,689 miles. A99 and 100 watts.

Also 10 meters this afternoon California, Arizona, Mexico, Brazil, Alberta Canada.

For the past few days all I've heard is Jamaica. Everyone else is in the weeds. I don't have the power to talk them, unfortunately. Hopefully when we get moved I'll have a better opportunity to talk to them.
Was in #1 Jamaica? He was on top of the pile here, you don't need much power to get some good DX in, keep trying!

It was a decent DX day here in San Antonio. I have been trying out my new radio(Yaesu 991a). Talked on sideband up to the northeast and northwest corner. Then fired up my Magnum s45 and made a few AM contacts up to the northeast. Even got called on da bowl. of course I had a little heat to help.

I also was able to talk to 304 around Sydney, Australia as well this evening.

I am working on getting my tech license. I may try to get the general also. Really looking forward to trying out other bands. I will probably be selling my place soon so i will be out of a base station for a while. But hopefully when I get another place I will be able to put a couple of nice antennas up in the air. Also working on getting my old Nova rolling again so I know that will nickel and dime me for sure.

Band is open 1pm Mountain time Saturday here in New Mexico. I've had Ch6 Super Bowl coming in on the 2 ft whip on the indoor scanner all morning. When that happens, the band is pretty open.

Weather good today, so time for mobile antenna maintenance. Put a new DX Engineering correct-sized crimp/solder PL-259 on the cab end of the RG-8X feedline, replacing the wrong-sized Amphenol crimp-only for RG-58 which was on there as a temporary. Well, temporary for the past 12 or 13 months.:D

Cleared snow/water out of the 3/8x24 stud on the rear tailgate (had 6 inches of snow Thursday morning) and re-mounted the 102 inch whip. Ohmmeter showing 10 ohms across the stud mount before cleaning out the water, infinite impedance after cleaning. MFJ-259B shows the SWR back down below 1.5:1 across the band. Just worked 777 West Virginia and 118 in the Buckeye on 37 LSB, so the fixes are good. 38 LSB is a complete mess.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.