• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Got home from work and turned the Madison on. On .415 I heard 304 Australia having a QSO with a few stations here on the east coast. He was down in the grass, but the Madison was pulling him out. So I plugged in the Powermax, and fired up the DX500v and waited. I caught the end of his QSO and called out. He came back saying that I was 20 over, wow! We talked for a minute, exchanged names, then let him return to the pile up he was working. This was my first Australian contact, and put the pin on the map. What a great birthday present!
That had to be a good 10,000 mile trip!! Happy Birthday for sure.

Got home from work and turned the Madison on. On .415 I heard 304 Australia having a QSO with a few stations here on the east coast. He was down in the grass, but the Madison was pulling him out. So I plugged in the Powermax, and fired up the DX500v and waited. I caught the end of his QSO and called out. He came back saying that I was 20 over, wow! We talked for a minute, exchanged names, then let him return to the pile up he was working. This was my first Australian contact, and put the pin on the map. What a great birthday present!
Happy Birthday!!!

Well I'm off to work tomorrow, so I won't be on here as much the next two weeks. I've had a blast talking DX the last week hopefully it continues. I need a good SSB radio to go in my rig ride, I have a Uniden Bearcat that I could use but to be honest I really don't care much for it, but it works. 73s to all.
Good luck at work. The Uniden 980 was my first sideband mobile I used as a base with a KL=200P and started to make my first DX contacts with. The radio still works but like you I grew tired of it especially that loud beep when you changed channels ( what a stupid idea ) and it was the first version so it wasn't easy to shut off. And their menu system left something to be desired. It still works great with the wireless mic. Thinking about putting it on Graiges List. Some guys love that radio and think I'm crazy. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Golly Wally
Sunup to sundown, 1111111111111111111 on 38lsb. I don't get it.
Perhaps it's a Russian attempt to jam/control the channel, and use it for their military coms. I understand they have 10s of thousands of Radio Shack walkie talkies from the 80s. So they run the 11111111111111111 scenario all day, and try to make it so we can't hear them.

• Haha
Reactions: techradioman
Putnam CT in a triaxle dump truck, tuned stock final cobra 140gtl mirror mounted wilson 2k North England Station 656. 37lsb with 1.7swr fixed the swr to below 1.5 and putting my little Chinese 2 pill in tomorrow. See how we do. Norway and Italy were 5 by 7 also recieve only.

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.