• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Was a Cold day here so decided to go to Walmart for supplies. Got in my little Chevy Cobalt & turned on my little McKinley hooked to my little Tram 300 winter in the garage antenna. and Southern California came alive with 2 operators that almost sounded like they were in the car with me. Then came Texas then Colorado than Ireland.
Just too bad my little KL-203 wasn't hooked up. Couldn't believe how good they all sounded on 37 LSB. Just hope my Lincoln II+ ends up sounding that good !

I was busy with other things until around 3:00. I went to lsb 16 and had a qso with @AmericanEagle575
Then got back on around 4:00 and had a qso with @MH933 on 37 lsb.
I'll take quality over quantity any day!!
Thank you my friends, for the qso.
You are Welcome my Friend, always glad to make contact with WDX 226(Ron) out of Texas and talk a bit,hope your week ahead is a good one!!

73's
WDX 1863

Noise floor really low on sideband today and traffic but did get acknowledged by 13 13 in Oklahoma today running barefoot on my McKinley and Tram 300 on 36 LSB. Perks you up running barefoot but makes you wonder what your Tram 3000 or Stryker SR10 would do. Gotta road trip coming up the little Tram 300 going to have to ride shotgun in the back seat or garage.

Last edited:
I made it home about 5 o'clock cst and the band was wide open! Worked the east coast (@Shadetree Mechanic was listeningfor you) down to Florida, eastern and western Canada, and the northwest corner as it got later. Pretty successful hour then it started falling out, even made it on a udx-483 video gate and said he was going to title it 828 in the Lonestar. Pretty cool!

I was busy with other things until around 3:00. I went to lsb 16 and had a qso with @AmericanEagle575
Then got back on around 4:00 and had a qso with @MH933 on 37 lsb.
I'll take quality over quantity any day!!
Thank you my friends, for the qso.
Among the other contacts i made today i spoke with americaneagle757 or was it 737 in i believe arkansas? i really should start writing down contacts again, old brain isnt like it used to be.

I made it home about 5 o'clock cst and the band was wide open! Worked the east coast (@Shadetree Mechanic was listeningfor you) down to Florida, eastern and western Canada, and the northwest corner as it got later. Pretty successful hour then it started falling out, even made it on a udx-483 video gate and said he was going to title it 828 in the Lonestar. Pretty cool!
Thanks for thinking of me, got my kidney stone removed today. Spent the remainder of the day in the big chair at my mother in law's house. But I am feeling good, going back to work tomorrow. Will hopefully get some radio time soon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.