• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I was trying to get all I could out of the base antenna because next week it all comes completely down but.....

The antler couldn't take the 80+ mph gusts all day yesterday and through the night. It looks like a sideways boomerang today but it didn't break. The bottom section got some pretty good wrinkles but didn't completely bend or break like a v58 once did. So, that said I'm out of the game unless I can straighten it out but with such short time it'll probably just be done here. The backup attic dipole is still up but not much for performance at it's height and location.

This has to be one of the worst and earlier windy seasons here in the last 20 years or so, just down right nasty.

To all you fine gents, keep on dx'ing and I'll be back on the air eventually.

I was trying to get all I could out of the base antenna because next week it all comes completely down but.....

The antler couldn't take the 80+ mph gusts all day yesterday and through the night. It looks like a sideways boomerang today but it didn't break. The bottom section got some pretty good wrinkles but didn't completely bend or break like a v58 once did. So, that said I'm out of the game unless I can straighten it out but with such short time it'll probably just be done here. The backup attic dipole is still up but not much for performance at it's height and location.

This has to be one of the worst and earlier windy seasons here in the last 20 years or so, just down right nasty.

To all you fine gents, keep on dx'ing and I'll be back on the air eventually.
Hurry back your part of the family !

Not all is lost!

So waiting on a job site and decided to fine tune the 447hpc2. Changed over to channel 22 to play with some of the functions and a fellow wrecking ball in Pennsylvania came back and said your audio is sounding fine. So I called back and he was in fact talking to me haha. We had a good back and forth and a 73, successful on the regular AM 22. Pretty cool.

I straightened out the sigma enough to make the day, not the straightest (if that's a word) but swr is OK. Today and part of tomorrow but tomorrow night the whole antenna system comes down.

So I sure hope to catch some of you wwdx gents on the air this weekend. The band is wide open today. Will be standing by

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated