• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

The past few days we've had heavy skip from mid morning til about 5pm. It gets pretty quiet, and then picks up again about 7pm. Today, I was in the shop most of the day, running dedicated AC lines to my station. So I had the power turned off. About 7pm here (8pm Eastern daylight time - US) I finished up the wiring, and switched on the power. I still had MANY stations from the midwest back to the East coast blasting out of my speaker.
Tomorrow I should have everything in the station ready to go by noon. I hope conditions hold.

I hear you in there @unit_399 , sounding great. I'm going to change rigs, flip my switch to see if I can get you.

Edit:
Great making contact with you 399, conditions are in and out, we might have better luck this evening as the sun is going down. Your station is sounding great, definitely one of the better sounding stations out there.
Chris

Last edited:
Good to hear that
I hear you in there @unit_399 , sounding great. I'm going to change rigs, flip my switch to see if I can get you.

Edit:
Great making contact with you 399, conditions are in and out, we might have better luck this evening as the sun is going down. Your station is sounding great, definitely one of the better sounding stations out there.
Chris
Good to hear this, I tried calling to Jim this morning on 38.

Jeff

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Sitting at my mother in law's house, monitoring.385, I hear JJ, @unit_399 Columbia in the grass. And he is the only one that I hear. But the McKinley and 203 just can't make the trip. We will keep trying.
What time were you out there?? I had steady traffic all day. Canada, midwest, New York, Texas, Miss, Alab, entire Southeast corner up until 5 pm or so EST. Florida and the Carolinas after that. Last cycle I used to get the west coast and Hawaii. Now nunca. I've noticed that now most of the really big strappers are running ham rigs

What time were you out there?? I had steady traffic all day. Canada, midwest, New York, Texas, Miss, Alab, entire Southeast corner up until 5 pm or so EST. Florida and the Carolinas after that. Last cycle I used to get the west coast and Hawaii. Now nunca. I've noticed that now most of the really big strappers are running ham rigs
I believe it was around 6 pm, and you were talking to a station in Florida, and then another station after that. I couldn't hear the other stations, and you kept popping up above my noise floor. There was absolutely nothing else in my receive, funny how skip works. I suspect that the conditions will improve this fall as the weather gets cooler. We will keep trying.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.