• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I had conditions roll in here around 8:30 tonight. Made some contacts in Illinois, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida.
Australia was coming in and out but never quite made it here. Apparently they were booming into Alabama.

Have a good evening, my friends.

It looks like conditions are going to be better today, and hopefully will hold out through the weekend.
Screenshot (708).png

This weekend I'll be working on the house in the mornings, before the extreme heat and around 1:00pm central time, I'll have two radios on. One will be on 16lsb and the other I'll be moving between 40usb and the upper lsb frequencies. I hope to hear you fellas out there this weekend!

After dinner tonight . . . 7:00 Eastern Standard time (no daylight savings here) I walked down to the taller to disconnect my antenna. Turned on the radio and had several good long QSOs on channels 41 thru 44. Channel 38 is a zoo almost every day. Hardly ever use it now.
Talked to Forum member DX MAN (Larry) out of Washington State yesterday. Really good to talk to him again. First time since last solar cycle. His signal was Q5, as always. Totally unexpected hookup. Looking forward to connecting with him again soon.
One thing that I've noticed since I got back on the air is that stations running Anytone Quad 6s sound fantastic. Strong signal with crystal clear audio. I had a quad 5 and sold it because I really wasn't impressed. I may have to pick up a quad 6 for my mobile.

- 399 J.J.

couple of nights ago at 2 am made a short contact with a fellow 10 miles south of santa ago chile, on channel 19,, from where i am at here in florida about a 4300 mile trip,,, oh and barefoot tram d300 doing 3 watts in to a patriot a99 clone about 30 feet up in air,,,

It looks like conditions are going to be better today, and hopefully will hold out through the weekend.
View attachment 65305

This weekend I'll be working on the house in the mornings, before the extreme heat and around 1:00pm central time, I'll have two radios on. One will be on 16lsb and the other I'll be moving between 40usb and the upper lsb frequencies. I hope to hear you fellas out there this weekend!
Bro Dxer -
I started calling you at about 11 AM your time, alternating between 16L and 40U. Tried off and on 'til 2pm your time. If you were there, I never heard you. But I hooked up with several stations in the Lone Star, so I know my signal was making it to your state. Maybe better luck next time.

- 399 J.J.

@unit_399 ... I'm sorry I missed you JJ.
I wasn't able to get any radio time today. We got a call late last night to let us know my father in law was in the hospital. So it's been a loooong day today. I just got home an hour ago and turned the radio on not long after. Conditions aren't great but I'm giving it a try anyway.
Maybe tomorrow, my friend. I should be on for a while around mid day.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.