• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meters is OPEN

6m 5.9.23 MAP.jpg

Band Open go get'm ...BIG SIG N/S path

DXMaps showing more traffic in the past 90 minutes, but no one is hearing me. I heard 1 station in FL briefly then QSB.

Last edited:
Saw you in there this morning Gary but could not hear you. Did QSO with W9DR (42mi) and heard a few other stations but they quickly went QSB.
Working on a 6m Mox right now.

Reactions: S&W357
Due to work and family (baseball) I have limited amounts of time to play radio. I have been trying to get up on the weekends and turn on 6 meters .145. I seem to usually get things going to late and it's dying out (ssb) by the time I'm on. I run 100 w and 5 elements at 48 ft. Not a big station by any means but it will probably get to you Gary if I could get my butt outa bed earlier on a day I don't HAVE to get up early!!
Heard a couple stations again today but light. By 8am cst things are dying out...

I've worked K0KKO a couple times but he's only 60 miles from me so basically local.

One of these weekends I plan to set my alarm to get up my normal work time 5:30 and play 6 ssb.... it's tough sometimes to get up when you don't really have to.

Reactions: Crawdad
I am 145 now...Worked W4AXW/(Crawdad) right before brkfast from KY... on his HB MOXON from his aprt !!!! :cool: (y) :coffee:
Turning NW... NOW WEST
We finally made the connection Gary! Didn't last long enough though. The cluster was cooking but I could hear very little of it even though I was spinning the Moxon around the compass. 6 is a different animal.

The Featherweight 3 element Yagi.
Note the "Stacking" info near end of article!
Even 2 Dipoles can be "Stacked" and "Phased" for Gain

Think HORZ for SSB/CW DX .... Vertical for FM Simplex/Repeater usage

Time for 6m is now.
6-meter antennas are over
40% SMALLER than 10/11-meter Yagi.
The Horz 6m dipole is ONLY 4ft 8 inches long each side at 50.150 (+/-)(y) :giggle:
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.