• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meters is OPEN

I heard you call me this morning Crawdad on 6m :coffee: :cool: Nice peak to about 5/3...I replied ... nothing heard back ... GM
Barely, barely, barely heard something Gary, down in noise floor. Unsure if you or not. Heard your neighbor in Muncie sporadically and the station in Shreve, Oh. Not hearing most of what I see on clusters during these morning openings. Seems better during evening openings. Talked to LA last evening off side of beam, it's fairly broad-beamed.
Moxon not in final location or final tuning yet. Next day or two. Maybe that will help.

E

Heard you again....So did Robin/W8WAM/Hamilton, Oh...Yes that antenna will be broad across the front (60 degs+) and the "Backdoor" will act much the same. Which in that location will mean you won't have to rotate much, and even if you do the change will not be that dramatic.
I JUST HEARD YOU AGAIN!!!!

fd56e38aa0c9db75ff9f03ccdc260ceb.jpg

Reactions: Crawdad and S&W357
Only one I noted was New Mexico DM65...I heard station in DM03 (Cal) but we just didn't finish it. I also had another K6 ??? call. The band was not quite there yet.

PS: Glad you're having fun with 6m. I find it to be the most interesting band to work. The propagation to me, is unique.
It looked like this for a couple hours midday at my QTH:
20230531_120247.jpg

It was very enjoyable. Hope there's more to come. And yes, it is different.
I had a station in VA hitting +30dB, telling me I was +20 and 30 secs later he was gone. It keeps you on your toes.

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.