• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meters is OPEN

Got to get up the tower and get my antennas repaired. Wife want let me up there since I got sick. I have a 6 meter 6 element yagi at 55 feet.
I am in the process of restoring a Clegg 99'er. Would love trying some 6 meter AM.
I Love to work 6 meter AM.It's pretty Easy with the ICOM 7600 & the ICOM PW-1 with the M2 6M5X yagi at 55 ft.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
EM80

6m 6.11.22 Iist.png

6m 6.11.22 PIC.png

6m 6.11.22.png

STAY OPEN for Contest!!!~!~

Ive never seen 6 open. I've heard about 6 being open. I've talked to guys that love it when 6 is open. They sell equipment for 6. I've got and had equipment for 6.

Where the hell is 6 at when I got time

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Right off I'll say poo on you. Poo poo poo. I never hear nothin. Now seriously, congrats.

I use a ocfd, not a windom, that's supposed to be 6 to 80. Tuned on 6 pretty well. I've listened on a wire, on an 11m groundplane and both nothin. I do have a 6m steel whip I've considered. Also my tarheel does 6m but I've not tried the steel whip nor the tarheel.

Currious, how far can you transmit on 6m in a local setup. For around town hoing out for a drive and such? No skip just local stuff.

Currious, how far can you transmit on 6m in a local setup. For around town hoing out for a drive and such? No skip just local stuff.
Mobile,100 to 150 miles common (good condx)...
I have worked from around INDY to S. of Lexington, KY...to Dayton, Oh...nr. Cincinatti, Oh. ...Danville, IL from East of Indy etc.
One Note: a simple 5/8th's wave 2-meter mobile antenna, will tune as a quarter wave on 6m :giggle: Great for FM/ 52.525 calling freq.
My mobile antenna is equal to a 3/4 wave Center fed vertical...works FB on 6m. A Squalo or HALO is better still for SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated