• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meters is OPEN

Today 6,19.2021
G8GGP/portable @13:35z
50.142 SSB
GRID IN79 England.jpg

Very RARE Grid IN79...95+% of this grid is Ocean
The very South Western tip of Great Britain.

Today 6,19.2021
G8GGP/portable @13:35z
50.142 SSB
Very RARE Grid IN79...95+% of this grid is Ocean
The very South Western tip of Great Britain.

A couple years ago we were in Cape Breton in the northern part of Nova Scotia. I did NOT have my 6m gear with me and vowed to NEVER do that again after I realized I was in GN05. I thought something was wrong with my GPS. LOL Check out that grid square and imagine the uproar a station from there would have.

Reactions: BJ radionut
A couple years ago we were in Cape Breton in the northern part of Nova Scotia. I did NOT have my 6m gear with me and vowed to NEVER do that again after I realized I was in GN05. I thought something was wrong with my GPS. LOL Check out that grid square and imagine the uproar a station from there would have.

So I checked out grid square GN05. Please explain to a dumbass 11m yahoo (which I'm guessing I am) what/why the uproar?

So I checked out grid square GN05. Please explain to a dumbass 11m yahoo (which I'm guessing I am) what/why the uproar?

Very rare grid.I believe there are two hams living in it and not sure if either is active on 6m. Only operations from there would be a temporary station. To those that collect grid squares it would be like finding the Holy grail. Also it is almost entirely water with only a tiny part of it being land.

I have Worked All States on several different bands...Have 100++ different countries worked.
This being said to add "challenge" to making contacts "On the Air", many 10/6/2 meter+ operators have adapted the "Chase for the Grids".
This adds a whole different realm of operation to landing some of these RARE grids, where ZERO operators exist, or where operators are in limited operation.

usa48_map1.gif

I have a "few" RARE ones in US.
EL58
EL94...EL93
CN74
DM03
FN53...
Many other examples, those just a few.
Many in Canada, where population is almost non-existent, let alone operators.
Many Island "grids" in the Carribean are really tough catches.
Chasing the grids adds another dimension to the skill of ones operating.
The I worked BLAH...BLAH states today is OK for some to call that DXing, :whistle:...
but for those of us with 40++ years of operating, that have been there done that many times, this just keeps the fun going.
All the Best
Gary

Very rare grid.I believe there are two hams living in it and not sure if either is active on 6m. Only operations from there would be a temporary station. To those that collect grid squares it would be like finding the Holy grail. Also it is almost entirely water with only a tiny part of it being land.

Yes I noticed the geography of that grid square, it would be a collectors item, wouldn't it? Now I understand why an uproar could happen.

Thanks & 73

Reactions: Slowmover
I caught the last end of what was a BIG Euro Opening yesterday around 6:00 pm EDST.
3/ stations in Italy with very nice 55 + SSB sigs!
2/ French stations
GRIDS: JN45 + JN03 were NEW Grids.
I heard a Netherland station...but the East Coasters had me covered :eek::rolleyes:
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

I2PJA...JN45 / ITALY
IZ4FUA...JN45 / ITALY
IW4HAJ...JN45 / ITALY
F1RAF...JN18 / FRANCE
F4ARU...JN03 / FRANCE

WB8VLC...OREGON / CN84

VP2EIH...Anguilla / FK88 / IRA...59+ at times! (2001 miles):D

FK88 map.jpg

Reactions: wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated