• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Ham I Am

Well. . . A Ham I Was.
(Guess I still am one since my license doesn’t expire for years), but I have boxed up all my ham stuff and now reside on 11 meters where I’ve been spending all my time lately. Grew tired of exchanging call signs and signal reports and putting pins in the map on the wall. Have a nice group of locals who gather every night and shoot the bull, and skip is beginning to roll in more and more. Feel like I’ve returned home after many years away. :D
I will give you $5 for your box of stuff. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
For years I maintained a HF station and used only VHF repeaters then 1 day went back at it.
Now, VHF is a tool for my portable (SOTA) HF operations.
I think everyone goes in cycles except for Capt KW, his work on his station is a lifelong adventure.

Well. . . A Ham I Was.
(Guess I still am one since my license doesn’t expire for years), but I have boxed up all my ham stuff and now reside on 11 meters where I’ve been spending all my time lately. Grew tired of exchanging call signs and signal reports and putting pins in the map on the wall. Have a nice group of locals who gather every night and shoot the bull, and skip is beginning to roll in more and more. Feel like I’ve returned home after many years away. :D

You are just chicken banding now days? Wow! All that neat equipment and you desire to hang out on 11m? The skip rolled pretty good yesterday. Could hear someone in Dallas real good, but could not get a word in edge wise. Thanks to Jamaica "Jommon, Mon". He's running a ground wire, and proud of it.

Guess you will be graduating up to a 16 pill Skullcracka soon. Bump'n it dwn on da bowl. Glad you got folks up there to chew with. Nuthin dwn here. Kav to busy to turn his on. We are both working gardens in. I get that squared away I'll go back to the breakover, L2, and N2 set up build.

Got a conversation in with Florida yesterday, short, but they are stay at home like all of us. Charlotte came back to me around 1:30 pm, said I was clear as all get out up there, another brief about confined. Afternoon it was a zoo.

I'll keep me ears peeled for Riverman in the skip.

I will give you $5 for your box of stuff. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
For years I maintained a HF station and used only VHF repeaters then 1 day went back at it.
I think everyone goes in cycles except for Capt KW, his work on his station is a lifelong adventure.

Once the virus is done and I can get out more, I’ll likely have some good bargains. :p

Reactions: Slowmover
You are just chicken banding now days? Wow! All that neat equipment and you desire to hang out on 11m? The skip rolled pretty good yesterday. Could hear someone in Dallas real good, but could not get a word in edge wise. Thanks to Jamaica "Jommon, Mon". He's running a ground wire, and proud of it.

Guess you will be graduating up to a 16 pill Skullcracka soon. Bump'n it dwn on da bowl. Glad you got folks up there to chew with. Nuthin dwn here. Kav to busy to turn his on. We are both working gardens in. I get that squared away I'll go back to the breakover, L2, and N2 set up build.

Got a conversation in with Florida yesterday, short, but they are stay at home like all of us. Charlotte came back to me around 1:30 pm, said I was clear as all get out up there, another brief about confined. Afternoon it was a zoo.

I'll keep me ears peeled for Riverman in the skip.

Roger that!

Well. . . A Ham I Was.

Too late.

He is just trying to rip you off!! I'll give you TEN TIMES THAT AMOUNT!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

More like a nightmare. :( Lots of aluminum stored up overhead in the shop. Current antenna farm consists of a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV with 17m add on kit and 36 radials approx. 33 feet long. That's it. The 6m yagi is laying out back and needs repairs after ice fell off the trees this winter. The pair of 13B2's are hanging on the back wall of the shop.A Diamond X-50 VHF/UHF vertical is leaning in the corner of my den at the moment waiting to be the first to go up. No idea when that will ever happen. ALL elective surgeries have been cancelled so there goes the knee operation this year likely. :(:mad: I'm off work now anyway indefinitely. 44 months of chronic pain has left me unable to deal with certain things. Since I am off work it might be a good time to try and see if I can get them up. If I screw it up at least I don't have to worry about missing work. (n):whistle:

More like a nightmare. :( Lots of aluminum stored up overhead in the shop. Current antenna farm consists of a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV with 17m add on kit and 36 radials approx. 33 feet long. That's it. The 6m yagi is laying out back and needs repairs after ice fell off the trees this winter. The pair of 13B2's are hanging on the back wall of the shop.A Diamond X-50 VHF/UHF vertical is leaning in the corner of my den at the moment waiting to be the first to go up. No idea when that will ever happen. ALL elective surgeries have been cancelled so there goes the knee operation this year likely. :(:mad: I'm off work now anyway indefinitely. 44 months of chronic pain has left me unable to deal with certain things. Since I am off work it might be a good time to try and see if I can get them up. If I screw it up at least I don't have to worry about missing work. (n):whistle:

Chronic pain is no friend to one’s better impulses. All I know is that IF one has an appetite, and IF one can sleep gaining adequate rest, chronic pain can be dealt with. Best wishes you’ve found methods that work.

Spirit is the thing. Allowing it prominence.

“. . do not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing”.

One could say this to many here. The wealth of knowledge hereabouts is about to become (or has become) something much more than some selfish hobby. (Which it never really was).

Efforts today (left hand) will be that which one wishes to give (right hand) when the need of others grows obvious.

Ones best is often in secret. Simply meaning away from others. Focus. My guess is, if the inspiration seems hare-brained, so much the better. It’ll be obvious on the other side.

So, with that serious note sealed,

If you want us to take up a collection for A FULL SET of StarGun Building Blocks, Cap, just say the Word!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.