• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Ham I Am

Well, that didn't last long.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nothing for sale. Quickly got bored with just 11 meters and set up my ham equipment again. Took down the Antron 99 (too restrictive for ham use) and put my Chameleon back up. (Chameleon Hybrid Mini, 102" steel whip, one 12.5' wire radial.)
5' above ground.

This setup kills. Just made several contacts on 10 meters. I thought that band was dead and buried in my back yard.

Can work 6 meters, 10, 11, 12, 15, 17, and 20.

All's good again in north Texas. Sorry there won't be a giant closeout sale as promised. Well, not right now, anyway. ;)

Station.jpg

Nothing for sale. Quickly got bored with just 11 meters and set up my ham equipment again. Took down the Antron 99 (too restrictive for ham use) and put my Chameleon back up. (Chameleon Hybrid Mini, 102" steel whip, one 12.5' wire radial.)
5' above ground.

This setup kills. Just made several contacts on 10 meters. I thought that band was dead and buried in my back yard.

All's good again in north Texas. Sorry there won't be a giant closeout sale as promised. Well, not right now, anyway. ;)

View attachment 36319
Glad to hear!

Nothing wrong with doing both, many of us do!

Maybe Riverman jumped at CK's 10x offer????:sneaky:

David

(BTW, I'm a radio collector/hoarder. Don't want to get rid of any of them. My favorite is the last one I got!)
does the last 2 i purchased qualify for my favorites before they get here in my hands?

Reactions: Slowmover
Yes but im eyeing an older all mode 2 meter that might follow me home too
Radios n firearms ,coffee arealiike, never nuff of any of the 3

5' above ground.

I've read a lot of good stuff about that antenna, and if I didn't live in a townhome I'd probably try one. This dome of high pressure has been great for dx though, and my Mag loop has been getting a workout on 11 and 10 meters for the last couple days.

5' above ground.

View attachment 36319

In the end, I thought it silly to have a $1500 radio in the closet while talking solely on a $100 radio. Yesterday I made contacts on 10 and 20 meters and later shot some skip and talked to the locals on CB. (y)

Yes but im eyeing an older all mode 2 meter that might follow me home too
Radios n firearms ,coffee arealiike, never nuff of any of the 3
You definitely need to pick that one up. 2M SSB is a lot of fun. And don't believe the VHF contest types who tell you that you need a KW, stacked Yagis and a mast-mounted preamp to get in the action. I used to have all kinds of fun with a 10 watt TS700A and a single, small Yagi at 20 feet. With that setup I could talk with my friends as far away as 150 miles, all the time. And I once maintained contact with one of them 15 miles away while reducing power down to 50 microwatts, using switched attenuators.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.