• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base ABR Industries RG213: i think I want my money back

What do you think?

• Total voters

When the outer jacket is applied, the vinyl plastic is hot and soft. The braid should imprint its pattern on the inside surface of the jacket. Have a look at your favorite. Belden,Times or JSC coax. You'll see the same thing.

Bird-nesting is flat-out wrong. Some genuinely sloppy $h1t there.

Don't remember hearing of those people until now. I'll avoid them like monkey plague after seeing that.

Thank for the comment.
Yes the jacket was just to illustrate that the braid was like that from the get go.
Most coax I've had the jacket is not as soft as this and more glossy but thats another story

I ran the coax thru my hand and felt lumps in it where the strands are bunched up too.

I just look at the braid and know its floor cuttings that they sold me.

IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0781.JPG

Reactions: NZ8N and 357
Hello,

My name is Chuck and I am the technical partner at ABR Industries. You can return the cable for inspection and any further action. Please note that all products go through RF/electrical testing as well as visual inspection points in QC stages at my plants on the east coast and also here at the main office in Houston, TX. Nonetheless, all products come with a warranty to ensure only high quality, American made products are received.

If you or anyone else have any questions you can reach me and my team at 832-720-5816 or info@abrind.com.

Sincerely,
Chuck

Hello,

My name is Chuck and I am the technical partner at ABR Industries. You can return the cable for inspection and any further action. Please note that all products go through RF/electrical testing as well as visual inspection points in QC stages at my plants on the east coast and also here at the main office in Houston, TX. Nonetheless, all products come with a warranty to ensure only high quality, American made products are received.

If you or anyone else have any questions you can reach me and my team at 832-720-5816 or info@abrind.com.

Sincerely,
Chuck
Greetings Chuck,
Thank you for replying and providing your valuable input and personal information.
The primary question is, how often do you folks conduct "random testing"?
In the US Government and Private Sector Quality Assurance Department, the defect would be documented as a PQDR (Product Quality Deficiency Report) which would require the manufacturer to reply with; a. Cause of Defect, b. Correction of Defect and c. Action to be taken to prevent / eliminate reoccurrence of the same problem..
Obviously, something went astray with the "visual" inspection process when the braid was fabricated and wrapped onto the insulator material.
Personally, it's great to see another United States company trying to survive. The good news is, if ABR continues to accept and take corrective action from constructive criticism, reviews and feedback from their customers, the company will survive.

Greetings Chuck,
Thank you for replying and providing your valuable input and personal information.
The primary question is, how often do you folks conduct "random testing"?
In the US Government and Private Sector Quality Assurance Department, the defect would be documented as a PQDR (Product Quality Deficiency Report) which would require the manufacturer to reply with; a. Cause of Defect, b. Correction of Defect and c. Action to be taken to prevent / eliminate reoccurrence of the same problem..
Obviously, something went astray with the "visual" inspection process when the braid was fabricated and wrapped onto the insulator material.
Personally, it's great to see another United States company trying to survive. The good news is, if ABR continues to accept and take corrective action from constructive criticism, reviews and feedback from their customers, the company will survive.

Hello,

On a high level ABR Industries is working towards ISO compliance (unfortunately Covid-19 put this project on hold last year.). However we currently provide similar documentation as you stated have above to Government and Municipality entities that require it (We just did one for NOAA on this product).

In Houston we test every finished cable assembly, perform batch (electrical / mechanical) and higher level RF testing on production runs. We then document findings and share best practices internally and at the plant level. So we are testing continuously at various stages. The best practice is to remove any questionable pieces out of the line.

Specifically to your statement regarding visual inspections. There are two key processes we follow. The first is the cutting and stripping machines are also set to specific cable sizes and tolerances which go into a fault warning to assist the operators if something is wrong. The second is the line monitoring equipment at the plant level that checks cable as it goes through the stages of the build.

In this case, I'll walk through a return process and address it directly to the client.

Please feel free to make any other inquires.

Chuck

Hello,

On a high level ABR Industries is working towards ISO compliance (unfortunately Covid-19 put this project on hold last year.). However we currently provide similar documentation as you stated have above to Government and Municipality entities that require it (We just did one for NOAA on this product).

In Houston we test every finished cable assembly, perform batch (electrical / mechanical) and higher level RF testing on production runs. We then document findings and share best practices internally and at the plant level. So we are testing continuously at various stages. The best practice is to remove any questionable pieces out of the line.

Specifically to your statement regarding visual inspections. There are two key processes we follow. The first is the cutting and stripping machines are also set to specific cable sizes and tolerances which go into a fault warning to assist the operators if something is wrong. The second is the line monitoring equipment at the plant level that checks cable as it goes through the stages of the build.

In this case, I'll walk through a return process and address it directly to the client.

Chuck
Hey Chuck, I'm "good to go" with your responses. As we both know, when you identify / label a product as "Mil-Spec", Uncle Sam is watching you. As 357 posted, he could feel the bulge in the finished product. Developing a method / machine to detect bulges in a coax after final assembly will be challenging.
Again, thank you for standing-up and participating in this subject.

Hello,

Chuck

Thanks for stopping by.
The main reason I bought to coax is because it was made in the USA.
I could have got "tram" or "coleman" but I didn't trust it.

I purchased it from gigaparts on Ebay.

What I would like is another 100' of rg213 that is not defective.
I could chop this roll up and discard it. I dont see any point in sending it back but if I do I hope they dont make me pay for it.

I just wonder how this coax made it out the door?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.