• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amp recommendations/ box builders

i have 4 of them and im getting another one this week. they are great amps. better than everyone else's boxes??? beats me. but i do know with b bias they are clean and sound great. built solid and look good. keyed a driver with no antenna, another one with 1.7 vswr and they both stood strong no problems. luck???? i dont know, probably hahaha. but they lived on. i have seen ts amps die with less abuse than that so i say thumbs up for hopper

i have 4 of them and im getting another one this week. they are great amps. better than everyone else's boxes??? beats me. but i do know with b bias they are clean and sound great. built solid and look good. keyed a driver with no antenna, another one with 1.7 vswr and they both stood strong no problems. luck???? i dont know, probably hahaha. but they lived on. i have seen ts amps die with less abuse than that so i say thumbs up for hopper

Well I pulled the trigger on a straight 6 mobile with b bias, was told 2-4 weeks so cant wait to see how it works, have not told my wife yet.. currious to see how it stacks up to my toshiba dx1600, never owned a custom built amp.

he usually gets em shipped in 2-3wks tops. thats how long my 8 and 16 with drivers took. you will like it, nate is a great guy.

Right on looking forward to it, his amp look good and seem pretty stout. Are your 8 and 16 boxed with regular HG's or the C version? The one I ordered with just regular HG's

Reactions: Tokin
Id like to have a peep at it myself.
I just sent my dx1600 off to be converted to the 2879C transistors. Word on the street is the "C" stands for competition. They use the same chips as the the regular 2879 but have 2 more chips. From what i understand the c's wouldnt work in any amp bigger than a 6 pill unil somewhat recently. Good news for me since i wanted them in an 8 pill and bought everything before asking lol.

Right on looking forward to it, his amp look good and seem pretty stout. Are your 8 and 16 boxed with regular HG's or the C version? The one I ordered with just regular HG's
i got them made with the regular hg 2879's. im gonna order a 12 pill next week. then im good for a while, well maybe a 4 pill too. then im definitely set :)

Id like to have a peep at it myself.
I just sent my dx1600 off to be converted to the 2879C transistors. Word on the street is the "C" stands for competition. They use the same chips as the the regular 2879 but have 2 more chips. From what i understand the c's wouldnt work in any amp bigger than a 6 pill unil somewhat recently. Good news for me since i wanted them in an 8 pill and bought everything before asking lol.

Will post some pics when I get it, let us know how the C's work in the DX1600, I still have toshiba in my dx1600, but would pick up spares as they are much cheaper then toshiba.

Reactions: Tokin
Will post some pics when I get it, let us know how the C's work in the DX1600, I still have toshiba in my dx1600, but would pick up spares as they are much cheaper then toshiba.
The hg 2sc2879C pills are $42/piece on ebunk or thru fatboy the last i looked. If you order a 20 pack direct from hg they are $37.99. Regular 2879 hg are $29.99/each direct for a 20 pack and $23.99/piece for 40. The C's arent cheap but there isnt really anything to compare to anymore.
The C's require modifications to run. They or the regulars arent direct replacements for Toshibas so be real nice to it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.