• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier purchase help

i was not dissing the dave made name. just the guy selling it for so much money for a half built davemade

If it's base, go with a tube amp for a cleaner signal. If it's mobile, go with Texas Star or RM Italy since they have bias and will sound good on SSB. Most of the "aftermarket" amps like Xforce and Dave made are not linears, they are just class C amplifiers and sound somewhat lousy on SSB as a result.
What about BM Technology AB biased amps with thermal tracking?

Last edited:
Best bet is to get a basket case SB-220 cheap. Long as the transformers are good send it out for a CB "work up" buy a pro. As BBI shows they do 2KW plus when done right.

Step up and buy the last amp you will ever need. Ameritron. http://www.ameritron.com/
You will sound good and you will have good quality, not the class "C" hacked crap.

Thanks for advice.

The 500s at $800 or so AND the 80A draw is a whole other world from where I now sit.

But at least it’s the right path for the eventual home base HF rig.

Got sidetracked on eHam (happens a lot) and was reading about Hy-Gain antennas. Whammo #2.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated