• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anderson Power Poles... Where you been all my life?

That was my point. "What works"

Toothpick for a horse might be big enough.
Lets see... super glue, use once and throw away, but next time its hard to the bottom of the tube.
Commercial thingy... Metal, do I want that coming loose in my power distribution system.
Zip tie... Been there done that until the power taps had the PP spaced nearly next to one another and I had to cut the zip tie.

Person tries to make a constructive addition and you come along with your edgy comments.

'Doc your crap gets old quick...

Don't waste the bandwidth to respond, I'm gone...

Mike, KE5MC

Something else tbat gets old is people bitching about something minor someone else said. If you don't like it then ignore it.

Working on the higher current plugs is a little more troublesome. Difficult to crimp if you do not have the right tool. I found using a propane torch the best way to solder them up.

51y4.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Went ahead and ordered the regular powerpole ratcheting crimpers. Just wasn't getting consistent results with my el cheapo crimp pliers.

I found the same thing while assembling some connectors on LMR 400 with the Times Microwave crimpers. Once you can't ratchet the tool anymore, you know it's good. Sometimes it's just best to have the right tool, despite the higher cost.

Do you have any pics of the stuff you've connected? I might be interested in going this route myself.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.