• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANY MEMBER IN THE HURRICANES PATH?

Still a beautiful evening down here. I have a generator I inherited from my dad. Only run av gas in it and today took it out put some more in it and it cranked on second pull. hooked up my bench grinder to the output and it ran fine. I hadn't run it since last season.

Those in NC arre gtetting pounded by rain and the storm surge has to be building up like crazy. best of wishes and lots of prayers for the folks up there.

Reactions: 357magnum
Just pulled up NWS radar for Wilmington. They are getting hammered right now. Will be a lot of rain, some twisters on the SW portion.

It’s just sitting there, having a grand ole time. About 6AM we lost power here, the wind is starting to get serious. You can hear trees snapping. Pine cones are flying like bullets.

Forgot to remove the pool cover, watched it fly away like a bird released from a cage, haha. Bye bye pool cover, you’re free now.

This is beginning of misery for a lot of people around here and in nearby counties. I hate living near the coast, I don’t understand how people who live in the beaches continue to do so after going through just one of these, let alone several.

Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
Big concerns about water surge @ High Tide , tide should be on its way in shortly or now . Good Luck to all affected . 73 and God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Rwb
Its pleasent here in missouri.hope the best for you all out here in storm area

@ TheRealPorkchop,

Glad to hear you made it. Minus the pool cover, though. Called to check on some up yonder ways, all is well there....except the power. To be expected. One in Oak Island, NC still getting hit. My concern is how all that water will effect things with ground being saturated.

JessesJamesDallas,

Florence won't git ya! All this crap from 95L that came ashore south of Corpus might make it to you. We have predicted 9.9 inches by Saturday here in Port Lavaca. Flash flood advisory. Sure that San Antone and Austin will be effected, they have gotten a lot of rain recently which has pushed a lot down the Guadalupe to here already.

@ TheRealPorkchop,

Glad to hear you made it. Minus the pool cover, though. Called to check on some up yonder ways, all is well there....except the power. To be expected. One in Oak Island, NC still getting hit. My concern is how all that water will effect things with ground being saturated.

JessesJamesDallas,

Florence won't git ya! All this crap from 95L that came ashore south of Corpus might make it to you. We have predicted 9.9 inches by Saturday here in Port Lavaca. Flash flood advisory. Sure that San Antone and Austin will be effected, they have gotten a lot of rain recently which has pushed a lot down the Guadalupe to here already.
Getting some of that stuff coming up out of the Gulf now...Weatherman is now saying most of it should stay south-and west of the Dallas/Fort Worth area tho...Good thing about living in North Texas, is you never have to worry about hurricane's!

Bad thing about living in North Texas tho is "Tornado's!"

Un-like Hurricanes, Tornado Season lasts all year long around here!

Getting some of that stuff coming up out of the Gulf now...Weatherman is now saying most of it should stay south-and west of the Dallas/Fort Worth area tho...Good thing about living in North Texas, is you never have to worry about hurricane's!

Bad thing about living in North Texas tho is "Tornado's!"

Un-like Hurricanes, Tornado Season lasts all year long around here!

Worked Oklahoma. Ponca and El Reno areas. Got my dose of twisters while there. After the New Gas Plant was built in El Reno, a twister all but totally removed it four months later. The section of rack piping and modular units I had been responsible for looked like a roller coaster ride. The compressor unit had been relocated some 150 to 200 yards away, torn right from the concrete it was fixed to. For a tornado to move a 17 ton piece of equipment is amazing.

just walked the dog at 10:40pm. Not 1 drop of rain yet i'm estimating wind 15 gusting 30mph. no trees down just some leavees blowing around. we are fortunate where we live.

Worked Oklahoma. Ponca and El Reno areas. Got my dose of twisters while there. After the New Gas Plant was built in El Reno, a twister all but totally removed it four months later. The section of rack piping and modular units I had been responsible for looked like a roller coaster ride. The compressor unit had been relocated some 150 to 200 yards away, torn right from the concrete it was fixed to. For a tornado to move a 17 ton piece of equipment is amazing.
7000 bushel grain bin full of wheat.darn twister tore down bin was 4 miles away ina twisted wad wheat was scattered in about a 9 mile strip.started showing up when it sprouted.new 8300 john deere tractor n 32 ft disc beside the bin not a scratch on it.twisters are odd

7000 bushel grain bin full of wheat.darn twister tore down bin was 4 miles away ina twisted wad wheat was scattered in about a 9 mile strip.started showing up when it sprouted.new 8300 john deere tractor n 32 ft disc beside the bin not a scratch on it.twisters are odd

Ponca had two simultaneously, one rope 2 miles away, second funnel about a mile off. The rope took out two mobile homes and uprooted a 400 yr. old oak, looked like a head of broccoli flying through the air. Now the closer funnel took out the massive barn just over the hill, thousands pieces of aluminum foil from a distance, but left the house and the silos. I just had another beer, what can you do staying in a camper? That's when the neighborhood noticed I was crazy.

Ponca had two simultaneously, one rope 2 miles away, second funnel about a mile off. The rope took out two mobile homes and uprooted a 400 yr. old oak, looked like a head of broccoli flying through the air. Now the closer funnel took out the massive barn just over the hill, thousands pieces of aluminum foil from a distance, but left the house and the silos. I just had another beer, what can you do staying in a camper? That's when the neighborhood noticed I was crazy.
i understand that i do redbeard u812. been to ponca city lots.
i sat n watched a few twisters,no place to go,cant change the events so i watched and witnessed the power of a twister.
funny thing they say get in a ditch if 1 is close.good idea cept most of the time its rained a lot n ditches are full of water

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.