• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANY MEMBER IN THE HURRICANES PATH?

Just looked at nws radar SC has the eye of Florence, and NC is getting hammered with rain. Waiting for local station to come back on for reports. Weekends the local station that handles all media outlets just tunes out at or around 2 am and might come on whenever they wake up. Have one friend up there around Apex, NC I can't account for. Hope she and the dogs are ok.

Chas, SC has had some minor rains (afternoon thunderstorms have been much worse). I have leaves and small twigs in the yard to rake up. Talked to a friend near Jacksonville , NC . They lost power 2 days ago and are camping in their house.. last report he had 5 trees down and lost 1 outbuilding. they are safe and just "camping" till the power comes back on.

Reactions: 357magnum
I just hope no loss of lives,we can replace material items life no.

Any deaaths are bad.i feel for all involved.glad your back with us

Well, this will sound bad and I don't mean it that way, I'm really a good guy and I have sympathy for people and all that...

This woman drove around a barricade for a flooded road, with a baby inside her car. You can look the story up yourself and draw your own conclusions and all that. She tried to get him out the car, in flooded water and that poor little child was swept away by the water... terrible. It's fine and well to be an adult and make stupid decisions but it's really bad when there's a child involved and it suffers for your ignorance. I can tolerate a lot in this world but I can't stand or deal with little children being done wrong and things happening to them. No child ask to be born into this world, we just bring them in whether they want it or not. I feel so bad for that little child...

And then you got your looters. This elderly couple, their adult child bought them one of those Cat generators, and some "nice" person walked up in the yard and unplugged it and toted it right off in the middle of the storm. Nice huh?

Oh, and the Family Dollar store in Wilmington, you see that? What's wrong with people? When you should be worrying about your safety and the people you care about, you're out looting the dag-on store... haha. Idiots.

Well, this will sound bad and I don't mean it that way, I'm really a good guy and I have sympathy for people and all that...

This woman drove around a barricade for a flooded road, with a baby inside her car. You can look the story up yourself and draw your own conclusions and all that. She tried to get him out the car, in flooded water and that poor little child was swept away by the water... terrible. It's fine and well to be an adult and make stupid decisions but it's really bad when there's a child involved and it suffers for your ignorance. I can tolerate a lot in this world but I can't stand or deal with little children being done wrong and things happening to them. No child ask to be born into this world, we just bring them in whether they want it or not. I feel so bad for that little child...

And then you got your looters. This elderly couple, their adult child bought them one of those Cat generators, and some "nice" person walked up in the yard and unplugged it and toted it right off in the middle of the storm. Nice huh?

Oh, and the Family Dollar store in Wilmington, you see that? What's wrong with people? When you should be worrying about your safety and the people you care about, you're out looting the dag-on store... haha. Idiots.

And you watched all that on TV when Katrina hit N.O. Thought it could not happen in your home town? Dumb shits were shooting at Nat Guard helicopters right after Katrina. They picked a fight with the Vietnamese out N.O. East, killed a bunch, then went out to the only bridge left in and out of N.O. to hold it hostage. They got into a running gun battle with local law enforcement who could not contain it. The Guard was called in, but under federal law could not intervene but were forced to defend themselves. Fed's call out the bad boys in Black Hawks with snipers, 4 snipers, 11 dead in 9 seconds on the Hwy. 11 bridge .......and you never heard about it on any news reports. The rest tried to go back the way they came....well....the Vietnamese gunned the rest down. Which brings me to the Superdome.......they shot the bad people who were mugging and raping, hauled them out in body bags. Did the Gov't try to take the peoples guns away after Florence? They did after Katrina.

Yes i remember katrina too well.a disaster inside a disester.
That woman should be dealt with stiffly,the 1s who swipped the gererator.
Makes my water boil when peeople et gainss from otheers losses

And you watched all that on TV when Katrina hit N.O. Thought it could not happen in your home town? Dumb shits were shooting at Nat Guard helicopters right after Katrina. They picked a fight with the Vietnamese out N.O. East, killed a bunch, then went out to the only bridge left in and out of N.O. to hold it hostage. They got into a running gun battle with local law enforcement who could not contain it. The Guard was called in, but under federal law could not intervene but were forced to defend themselves. Fed's call out the bad boys in Black Hawks with snipers, 4 snipers, 11 dead in 9 seconds on the Hwy. 11 bridge .......and you never heard about it on any news reports. The rest tried to go back the way they came....well....the Vietnamese gunned the rest down. Which brings me to the Superdome.......they shot the bad people who were mugging and raping, hauled them out in body bags. Did the Gov't try to take the peoples guns away after Florence? They did after Katrina.

I think the woman driving around the barricade was actually in Wilmington but not sure and I’m not 100% on the generator thieves either. There was so much going on here and I had no power or cell service, I relied on my wife using her phone. Verizon wasn’t hitting on jack here on the north end of town but US Cellular was perfect.

I’ve never understood the looting thing, the mentality and decision making process behind that. Didn’t understand the family dollar thing, the manager telling the cops to let them be and let them take whatever AND the law actually letting them? Since when did the law take orders from a store manager?

I’m glad it’s over, made me want to get away from here. Also made me wish I’d left before it got started too and I’d say next time but I don’t really plan on being here for a next time.

Reactions: Rwb and Tallman
Glad your back PC , I started listening on Zello like I did with Katrina , but that got old real quick both times . People trying to help and Idiots tying up the airways . One guy wanting to know if any Strip clubs were open !:LOL: 73 and God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Rwb
I think the woman driving around the barricade was actually in Wilmington but not sure and I’m not 100% on the generator thieves either. There was so much going on here and I had no power or cell service, I relied on my wife using her phone. Verizon wasn’t hitting on jack here on the north end of town but US Cellular was perfect.

I’ve never understood the looting thing, the mentality and decision making process behind that. Didn’t understand the family dollar thing, the manager telling the cops to let them be and let them take whatever AND the law actually letting them? Since when did the law take orders from a store manager?

I’m glad it’s over, made me want to get away from here. Also made me wish I’d left before it got started too and I’d say next time but I don’t really plan on being here for a next time.
On the Dollar Store issue, I just imagine everything in that store got soaked and would have had to be thrown out anyway, so letting the looters just take what they wanted probably helped the store out by not having to do it later...plus, put them in good standing with the neighborhood...

Looked like a bunch of government housing around the store, so I'm sure most of those people don't have allot to start with, maybe the manager just felt it was a way to give back to the community...

As for the generator theft, that's a different story...good way to get shot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.