• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anybody use headphones?

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I was going to buy a pair cause My shack is in the house and sometimes it bothers ( not my problem ) lol and sometimes they bother me. I was looking at 100.00 or less and sony MDR 7506 is looking good so far. your thoughts . Jusp headphones I have a boom mic and was going to use the headphones for several radios. Have headphones, your thoughts. was looking at over the whole ear. good or bad idea???

I used to use headphones on my HF radio all the time when my radio was in the shack. Now that its mobile that is a different story. I have them packed for a camping trip later this week as well.

I use headphones quite a bit. I light to use over the ear or very lightweight on ear. Choosing the wrong ones can cause ear pain irritation if worn a long time. I mostly use a cheap pair of Yamaha on ear foam. I don't know the model. They are probably counterfeit, but they work great for me.

Reactions: Lil'Yeshua
I use headphones quite a bit. I light to use over the ear or very lightweight on ear. Choosing the wrong ones can cause ear pain irritation if worn a long time. I mostly use a cheap pair of Yamaha on ear foam. I don't know the model. They are probably counterfeit, but they work great for me.
Ear irritation is a big issue for me. I wear headphone type hearing protection with built in radio for work. :(

a couple xmas's ago my daughter kept asking for a set of BEATS headphones,, there was no way i was going to pay $200-$300 for a pair of headphones, just before xmas i spotted a set on craigslist not far from me for $80 new in the box. so after she got them i had to try them out and i can now say they are the best sounding most comfy headphones i ever used. I got a set for myself now and and my daughter has the latest wireless bluetooth ones.

search craigslist

The beats headphones work well and do sound good, have had a pair for a couple years. Like camaro1 has said check CL as I see them on there all time as well.

£50 Sennheiser HD615 I've had for a few years. You're best going to a store that has a display where you can listen to loads of different headphones and choose the one that suits you. I have a bit of deafness on higher tones so wanted headphones which emphasised those more over bass.

Amazon product ASIN B00005N9D3

Koss Ur-20
I wear a set all day long at work(great audio) and have a set in the shack as well, VERY comfortable headpiece since it uses a mesh band to cradle your head vs the main plastic piece, and the price is right.

Attachments

• ur20.jpg
    ur20.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
I use headphones all the time. I picked up a set made by JVC (cost about $ 12.00 at the time on Amazon) JVC HARX300 Full-Size Headphones (Black) 4 years ago and they have been great. They sound good and are very comfortable.

I wear glasses and all the headphone I have tried hurt after awhile. The most comfortable for me sit on the ear. The over the ear phones are quieter, and I use them for multi op CW contesting but I need frequent breaks because they press my glasses into sides of my skull and ears.

I found the Heil Proset 3 Headphones to be a good compromise between the two styles . Lightweight, lots of adjustments, and sit on the ear. Quiter than most on the ear phones. Price is $100 at Ham Radio Outlet http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-011682

If you are looking for a lightweight headset with a boom mic, I like the Heil BM-10. http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-012400. Sit on the ear and very light. Not very good in a noisy environment however.

Heil sells replacement parts and ear pads if you need them.

Reactions: Mudfoot
I hate headphones .Just plain uncomfortable no mater what you paid for them. But I do use them when my son is playing drums. Note: under no circumstances let the kids buy a drum kit.

I hate headphones .Just plain uncomfortable no mater what you paid for them. But I do use them when my son is playing drums. Note: under no circumstances let the kids buy a drum kit.
Get him an electronic drum kit. Just outstanding! Exceptionally versatile sounds are available through the programmed samples. Use to play clubs and our pro drummer had a set, we were able to keep a tight lid on the stage volume that way w/o compromising quality. I'm tellin ya; it's the ticket! He can put on his own headphones and destroy New York just like Godzilla did and you won't hear a thing. Chect it out - for your sanity and his learning . . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.