• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anybody use switching power supplies?

Id drop 2 new ones in there. Look like hp possibly. Im sure someone could refit this with 2 new switchers.

Funny you say HP as I have seen some very similar looking hp units, will hang on to it till I find a few new ones

Reactions: Tokin
Well replacements were dropped in front of my door when I arrived home from work, so I hope to get them in on the weekend.

CIMG0166.jpg

I know that I have seen tons of videos where people run their radios from old/used PC server switching power supplies. A lot of people say they don't see a noise problem, some say they do.

have any of you used one in radio service and, if so, what was your experience?

The reason I am asking, hook line and sinker..... I just picked up a used HP Server power supply on Ebay. This particular model is "screaming easy" to convert to 13.8V DC (snip & jumper OR....just jumper bypass a single 100 ohm resistor...and adjust the max voltage pot! This model is WELL KNOWN to work this way!
When done it will serve 13.8 VDC @ about 50 A max. I won't be using NEAR that.

The supply and shipping totalled $21.42 and I saw that as "worth it" just for the try.....

I have an MFJ 4125 which I have had many years.It's just used for a dual band mobile & some small accessories no heavy duty stuff.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.