• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Else Experiencing This?

Last week some of our local Cal Fire strike team members were sent to New Mexico to help with the wildfires.
This is again, going to be a crazy fire season.

Jeff
It never stopped here, 10 year record drought and high winds never stopped for was supposed to be winter. First measurable rain last night since last September....

So yes, we're experiencing that too

Reactions: AudioShockwav
It never stopped here, 10 year record drought and high winds never stopped for was supposed to be winter. First measurable rain last night since last September....

So yes, we're experiencing that too
We started off good, in December we were 136% of normal for the month.
After that, almost nothing.
The last time I looked, we are now at 61% of our avg totals.
Most of our snowpack comes in during Dec, March and April and it just not there again this year.
The South Western US is a tinder box already.

Jeff

Last week some of our local Cal Fire strike team members were sent to New Mexico to help with the wildfires.
This is again, going to be a crazy fire season.

Jeff
We're getting a crew in to do the "firewise" thing around the house. Since the town almost burned two years ago it seemed like a good idea.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Thanks JJ, it's almost a yearly thing to prepare for fire evacuation up here now.

What is your average rainfall there?

Jeff
Last year we had 260 rainy days, with total rainfall of 180.29 inches (15+ ft.). Alejandria has a cool tropical rainforest climate due to altitude (5800 ft above sea level). It has very heavy rainfall year-round.

Jeff-
to give you an idea just how beautiful and green Colombia is, here's a pic of our farm house.
J.J.

painted house.png

Last year we had 260 rainy days, with total rainfall of 180.29 inches (15+ ft.). Alejandria has a cool tropical rainforest climate due to altitude (5800 ft above sea level). It has very heavy rainfall year-round.

That's a incredible amount of rain,
I now understand the mud slides.
We used to avg about 32", but that has been declining in recent years.
What we really need is snowpack, that melt feeds everything around here.

Jeff

This is why I want to live underground... I wouldn't have to worry about tornadoes, hail, falling trees, burglars, wildfires, expensive heating and cooling bills or a nosey tax man... With how cheap LCD tv's are getting, a few cameras outside and I'd have some really cool windows too!\

Fire got close to us last summer...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.