• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Else Experiencing This?

Update.
As of Christmas Eve
with a positive shift in weather conditions, the Creek Fire that burned nearly 400,000 acres around Big Creek, Huntington Lake, Shaver Lake, and Mammoth Pool was declared 100% contained on Christmas Eve by fire officials with the Sierra National Forest.
There are still hot spots, but with it now fully contained maybe we can put this one behind us.

Jeff
Had no idea that it was still active......it's been a rough couple of years for us, had a full house when two of my adult children's families were evacuated. Stay safe, I'll holler at you from the 99 next pass thru....

Reactions: Slowmover
Was busy in the forum when I got TXT'd by a friend wanting me to check out some new earthquake news from Yellowstone - a small swarm but still - instead of it being one snap and weaker aftershocks, it seems to be holding steady and even breaking 3.X in magnitude ranges.

But that's not what this post is about - I saw this...
upload_2021-7-16_18-28-42.png

Off the Coast Of Florida.
No depth - but 3.9 Magnitude
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us7000emme/origin/detail

Reactions: 357magnum
Did they ever find out how it started?

Sorry I did not see your question Dave.
The most " probable" cause was lighting.
This link has the results from the forest service.

https://sierranewsonline.com/forest-service-announces-cause-of-2020-creek-fire/

We have already had more than a dozen fires up in Yosemite this season, and the River fire is burning in Mariposa/Madera county's right now.

It is dry out here, very dry
Some of the largest lakes out here in the West are at historically low levels.

I have lived out here for 62 years, never seen conditions like this.
And it has been record breaking hot.
Many of the property owners up here are putting water out for wildlife because a lot of the creeks and ponds up here are bone dry.
And the forecast for today is calling for monsoon thunderstorms over the Sierra for this weekend.

The problem with that is, the temperature is so high that the rain evaporates before it can hit the ground, and they produce lightning.

Jeff

got TXT'd by a friend wanting me to check out some new earthquake news from Yellowstone - a small
Same here Andy
Last week there was a 6.0 over in Antelope Valley and then 2 -4.8 aftershocks 1 minute later.
It was felt all the way up in the bay area and down in the Valley.
It was rocking and rolling here.
And my brother on the Big Island said he had a rock and roll show last week as well.

Jeff

Reactions: Handy Andy
Check your Barometers - if you have one - would like to know if anyone has been seeing really high pressure on their home Aneroid barometers

Why ask?

With the current "drought-like" conditions - how does condensation form? In one aspect; the atmospheric pressure change helps as a working mechanism to develop the condensation when dew points and mean pressure work together to create the conditions for condensation to even occur ...

Begs the classic question...
If Clouds are Made of water - yet water is heavier than air - how do clouds form and stay up above us?​

Since high pressure usually indicates Dry - sunny (arid) - has anyone been paying attention to the surface high pressure that seems to be stuck over the northern US and Canada.

Siberia had a similar incident last year during the Fall which lasted into their winter. Also during the event, they had several extreme temperature events.

In light of the Wildfires - have been seeing a much higher Barometric air pressure reading "average" for the past 8 months since the story of the Siberian "heat wave" that occurred last year - it helped bring my attention to it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated